Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting for the vinyl to arrive. I started listening to the stream but the quality wasn't great.

Holy shit it ended up with BNM. I was waiting for the fork to savage it. I will keep trying with it. Halfway Home rules and Protest Song is pretty catchy. I was just looking for some more personality, some more rock, some more vocals that aren't entirely washed out / sound like they could be anyone.

I enjoyed my initial listen to it quite a bit.

Same. I think Side A is up there with their best stuff, and Side B brings me back to the atmospheric side of BSS that was somewhat absent in Forgiveness Rock Record. Halfway Home -> Protest Song -> Skyline -> Stay Happy is a great sequence.

I'm coblering this band which I've always confused with Dirty Projectors for some strange reason. This album is pretty good. Halfway Home and the title track are my favorites.

Definitely going to explore the rest of their discography.

I'm coblering this band which I've always confused with Dirty Projectors for some strange reason. This album is pretty good. Halfway Home and the title track are my favorites.

Definitely going to explore the rest of their discography.

I'd suggest going in chronological album. The first two albums still blow me away all these years later.

Happy 15th anniversary, You Forgot It In People. Top-5 album of the 2000s for me.

Wasn't trying to be harsh, it's just not an opinion one needs be humble about:

Unlike, say, preferring any of the New Mixes of songs from Pop.

they have a new EP out next month, called Let's Try the After - Vol. 1.

new tune is up on Spotify, a little meh, which is also how I found Hug of Thunder sadly, although I never gave it too many listens.

I'd love them to tour though. it's been nearly nine years since I've seen them and I still remember the show acutely well.

I really like this EP too. It's more reminiscent of You Forgot It In People than their recent output, which works for me. They are touring the US again this spring, so I'll catch them in May.

:hype:

Volume 1 was so good. I hope this keeps up.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019...ry-the-after-vol-2-cant-find-my-heart-stream/

Broken-Social-Scene-Lets-Try-the-After-Vol.-2-ep-album-cover-artwork.jpg

Back
Top Bottom