Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
23 songs, very nice. :up:

Great show, I love when they have these kind of things streaming for free.

Your computer is a douche.

You say that now, but wait it gets better. Can you guess where in the setlist the computer crashed?

Hint:

.Broken Social Scene Concert at Terminal 5, New York, NY, USA Setlist on January 18, 2011
Jan

Artist
Broken Social Scene Artist statistics Add setlist
Venue
Terminal 5, New York, NY, USA
Attendees
fb:769005343
Last edited

January 19, 2011 4:02:32 AM UTC by fb:769005343
.Share on Facebook
Tweet this
Digg this
Add to Delicious
Add to favorites Setlist

1.World Sick
2.Texico Bitches
3.7/4 Shoreline
4.Fire Eye'd Boy
5.All To All
6.Canada vs. America
7.Cause = Time
8.Sweetest Kill
9.Art House Director
10.Forced To Love
11.Hotel
12.Guilty Cubicles
13.Superconnected
14.Anthems For A Seventeen Year-Old Girl
15.Lover's Spit
16.Water In Hell
17.Ungrateful Little Father
18.KC Accidental
19.Meet Me in the Basement
20.Looks Just Like The Sun
21.Almost Crimes
22.Ibi Dreams of Pavement
23.Major Label Debut

That was a great show, they sounded as good as ever. I loved the setlist, liked it better than their Webster Hall concert last year. The crowd was a bit meh, as you guys pointed out, but they got better in the second half. After the stream ended (so they said) they played a Smokey Robinson cover that I didn't recognize and closed it with Stars and Sons.

All to All has easily become my favorite BSS song. 7/4 (Shoreline) and KC Accidental sounded great, as usual.

One complaint: Lisa must sing Almost Crimes. That girl who sang it tonight, the wife of a band member, was really awful, I thought.

Here's a photo of someone holding Kevin Drew by the ass.

mail.jpg

I seem to be the only one who loves this song. It was my ringtone for like three months.

Not alone at all there, I love that one. The song is a total party, reminds me of the more loose, ragged moments of You Forgot It In People, and the lyrics are pretty messed up. Love.

You say that now, but wait it gets better. Can you guess where in the setlist the computer crashed?

Next time you get tickets to a BSS show, let us know so that we can ask for a refund in advance.

Next time you get tickets to a BSS show, let us know so that we can ask for a refund in advance.

Because there's no way Anthems will be there?

Honestly, I'm not even sure how this turned into a thing, except for the friggin cobbler factor. I've only seen them once :lol:.

LemonMelon said:
Not alone at all there, I love that one. The song is a total party, reminds me of the more loose, ragged moments of You Forgot It In People, and the lyrics are pretty messed up. Love.

That's exactly why I love it! It is a party.

bono_212 said:
Honestly, I'm not even sure how this turned into a thing, except for the friggin cobbler factor. I've only seen them once :lol:.

Well I heard Anthems and it was great
And you weren't there
You weren't there..

:p

I've sorta been on a BSS kick since watching the show the other night. Good times, guys. Good times. I almost wish they had a live album, as the songs all sound so much different live vs. studio for them.

I've sorta been on a BSS kick since watching the show the other night. Good times, guys. Good times. I almost wish they had a live album, as the songs all sound so much different live vs. studio for them.

I'd be all over a collection of their live music. Let's get them on this. You have persuasive methods, I'm told.

luckily for me, the venue that i saw them in posts high quality recordings of all the gigs they hold on their website, which means i have my BSS gig on my ipod. Anthems :drool:

by the way Ashley your probably got Ibi and i didn't so i'd say we're even

:doh: I was assuming that was an abbreviation.

Yes indeed I did, the only reason why I was pretty crushed they didn't play "Anthems", though as I've said a hundred times I never really expected them to play it as they hadn't played it at all up to that point, thus why I was so surprised you got it.

That's sort of like how Lance was at the last show The National didn't play Available (June 4th at the Electric Factory) and I was at the first one where they did (the next night). In this scenario I'm Cobbler and Lance is Ashley.

That's sort of like how Lance was at the last show The National didn't play Available (June 4th at the Electric Factory) and I was at the first one where they did (the next night). In this scenario I'm Cobbler and Lance is Ashley.

if i were her, i'd make this joke:

did you just call my mom a whore?

You're gonna focus up now, motherfucker, and say it. "It's me, Tugg!"

It's me, Tugg.

That's right! Now, Tugg who?

Tugg who? I don't know. Who are you?

Me? I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.

What?

You a dude that don't know what dude he is!

Or are you a dude who has no idea what dude he is and claims to know what dude he is...

What the fuck are you guys talking about?

...by playing other dudes?

I know what dude I am!

You're scared.

I ain't scared. Scared of what?

Or scared of who?

Scared of who?

Come on, guys. We really need to go!

Scared of you!

Nice. Oldboy Interferencer, Cujo, was asking me if the full concert was available anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom