Broken Social Scene ARE the new Menudo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I almost want to boycott inessential Arts and Crafts albums, ridiculous that it was so difficult for you to get them to just send you your damn order. I'm glad you finally have it though.

For some reason I find the middle section of this album somewhat boring every time I hear it.

It was funny to see my name handwritten on the order packaging, though the novelty of that was not enough to suppress my rage.

I think it loses steam towards the end more than anything else. The last three tracks are weaksauce. "Water in Hell" kind of feels like a Pavement reject.

"Water in Hell" is pretty mediocre, yeah, and "Me and My Hand" is obviously a trifle, but I'll be damned if you say anything negative about "Romance to the Grave."

I like the entire run from Basement to Hell.

Me and My Hand is not as enjoyable as one would hope.....

in more ways than one

I like the entire run from Basement to Hell.

Me and My Hand is not as enjoyable as one would hope.....

in more ways than one

Definitely not as enjoyable, but more reliable. Not that that's any consolation or anything.

And, the album does slow down significantly at the end, but I've been surprisingly cool with that so far.

i can't fucking wait to see them live.

and i still haven't even gotten around to listening to the self titled and Forgot it in People yet either :happy:

Once you get into those, your anticipation is going to reach a fever pitch. Seriously, get on it immediately.

Nice videos, Ashley.

well, just got back from seeing these cats live. fucking terrific gig.

it was at a more intimate pub venue you in the city's outskirts, relatively timid crowd, which i think annoyed the band somewhat. they had issues with sound for some of the show, one band member (guitar/vocals/storyteller/trumpet/moustache) lost an amp.

opened with World Sick (which i've grown less fond of since hearing a few months back) and played a great set, though i'd have liked to have heard Chase Scene, Ibi Dreams... and Sentimental X's.

nearly every song was incredible (Lover's Spit included snippets of Killing in the Name Of and With or Without You), the band were entertaining, bantering with the crowd and joking about the quality of our coke.

whoever the chick was playing keyboards, singing All to All and 17yo Girl Athems, was INSANELY hot, but she must be shy? she didn't really acknowledge the crowd, faced sideways or to the wall for a lot of the time. (coincidence i was singing Me and My Hand all the way home?)

closed with Superconnected and then a fucking manic Meet Me in the Basement. the only thing that sucked really was the drunk hipster and his gf behind me. i was ready to knock the cunt out. i'm all for people getting into it, hell i went crazy at LCD, but at least i wasn't drunk, yelling stupid shit out, knocking into everyone constantly and screaming into people's ears. also didn't need to see them making out during Lover's Spit.

after the gig they were all standing outside having a smoke, waving, casually chatting, they seemed friendly enough, i told them they were great.

having listened to three albums now, my current opinion is: FRR > YFIIP > BSS.

pleased i saw them over Florence.

anyway i'm getting up for work in five hours so i need me some goddam sleep.

Lisa Lobsinger is the girl's name, and yeah, she's a looker. No "Ibi," huh? That really blows. But at least you enjoyed seeing them. They never disappoint, even when the lineup doesn't include several principals.

Did you get "Shampoo Suicide" at least?

:yes: is she with anyone from the band, do you know?

i'm not sure... there were two songs i couldn't name, one after World Sick and one particularly epic track before Lover's Spit. i'm not overly familiar with the s/t and YFIIP.

they were all pretty cool... the lead man, Kevin Drew is it? got a bit annoyed at times, like when the crowd didn't take up the "money / money changes everything" refrain at the end of Superconnected, i think it was. "sing or i'm leaving" he said.

Cobbler, did you see them on the 2nd or the 1st? If it was the 2nd, here's the setlist.

Broken Social Scene Concert Setlist at Corner Hotel, Richmond on August 2, 2010 | setlist.fm

World Sick
Stars and Sons
Texico Bitches
7/4 Shoreline
Fire Eye'd Boy
Forced to Love
Sweetest Kill
Art House Director
Cause = Time
All to All
Anthems for a Seventeen Year old Girl
Love is New
Water in Hell
Ungrateful Little Father
KC Accidental @Info[With K-OS on drums]
Lover's Spit @Info[Killing In The Name outro]
Superconnected @Info[With K-OS on drums]

Looks Just Like the Sun @Info[With K-OS on drums]
Meet Me In The Basement @Info[With K-OS on drums]

Get this, guys. When I saw them in 2008, they opened with KC Accidental.....A SONG FROM MOTHER FUCKING 2002!!!!!! I have not seen them live since. What kind of band opens a show with a popular song from their back catalog?!

Get this, guys. When I saw them in 2008, they opened with KC Accidental.....A SONG FROM MOTHER FUCKING 2002!!!!!! I have not seen them live since. What kind of band opens a show with a popular song from their back catalog?!

I think I'm gonna puke.

This calls for LAin justice: Broken Social Scene will now join the ranks with the likes of VWilco, The GRIZ!, and Shuttlecock (Wilco, Grizzly Bear, and U2 are on notice).

Now I feel like an ass for being 100% genuine in that "Fire Eye'd Boy" statement.

Same kind of band that is apparently about to do this on Friday... :wink:

Cobbler, did you see them on the 2nd or the 1st? If it was the 2nd, here's the setlist.

Broken Social Scene Concert Setlist at Corner Hotel, Richmond on August 2, 2010 | setlist.fm

World Sick
Stars and Sons
Texico Bitches
7/4 Shoreline
Fire Eye'd Boy
Forced to Love
Sweetest Kill
Art House Director
Cause = Time
All to All
Anthems for a Seventeen Year old Girl
Love is New
Water in Hell
Ungrateful Little Father
KC Accidental @Info[With K-OS on drums]
Lover's Spit @Info[Killing In The Name outro]
Superconnected @Info[With K-OS on drums]

Looks Just Like the Sun @Info[With K-OS on drums]
Meet Me In The Basement @Info[With K-OS on drums]
yeah that's the one. thanks!

i quite like Fire Eye'd Boy, the chorus is cool... but i've only just listened to (some of) their back catalogue.

Saw them last night, very similar setlist to Cobblers.

EXCEPT, Lisa had a bad case of the flu and couldn't sing, so no All to All or Anthem.

She was a trooper and came out to play keyboards for a few songs, but I'm still kind of bitter.

Back
Top Bottom