Britney Spears: 10 Years in Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horizon40

The Fly
Who knew? They played her new single on the radio tonight, and mentioned that this week marked 10 years since her first single was released. I looked it up when I got home, and it seems right. I thought she would be a flash in the pan, but she's proven to be quite the entertainer. Her new single hit #1 on Billboard last week, 10 years after her first single. Looks like she's out of her dark patch, and her new CD is out on her birthday this year, in December. She's got a concert on GMA that same day. I think she's got some more decades ahead of her. Not many others big icons this generation in pop music.

New Video: "Womanizer"
YouTube - Britney Spears - Womanizer (Director's Cut)

First video: "...Baby, One More Time"
YouTube - Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time

Well what do you mean by "still around"? I mean, Judy Torres, Chacka Khan and Timmy T are "still around". But not like Elton John is "still around". Or Barry Fucking Manilow is "still around," because no one is still fucking around like Barry. No one.

I hope she's "still around" in that in the next few years, she has gotten a grip on whatever it is that's messing her up, is out of the limelight and helping to raise her boys, and living the most normal life that she can.

It should be a law or something that you can't mention Britney Spears and "music" at the same time. :doh:

Britney is T and A and that's all she knows. Hence, her new video where she's naked.

Britney's music since her comeback has been pretty bad I think; I mean come on Gimme More and Womanizer are they really good songs at all? She made some decent pop songs back in the day though

Both songs are pretty bad in my opinion. She over uses the titles of the songs wayyyy too much.
Like count how many times she says 'Womanizer' in that song. :huh:

Gimme More was a shit pick as the first single, but Blackout was a good pop album. Yeah, she's not a great singer, and yeah, it's not great art, but again - a good pop album.

Out of all the songs she has ever had, my only few favourites are:

Gimme More (yes, I just LOVE this song)
Break the Ice
Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman
and
Toxic

whatever that song was, where its all very jungle-beat, oh yea, Slave to the Rhythm = that video is just laughable.

Stronger is amazing, Slave 4 U is just one hell of a sexy video clip.......she's had some amazing tunes....

The first two singles of her career, Baby One More Time and Sometimes, will always be my favorites. I still believe the former to be one of the greatest pop songs of all time and one of the most well-orchestrated introductions in pop music history. I was a wide-eyed 13 year old and I had the biggest crush in the world on Britney. Every boy my age did. And probably a lot of the girls my age did, too. She was somethin else when she first came strutting down the hall in that Catholic school girl outfit. Jeebus. But I digress...

I think I've genuinely enjoyed pretty much every single she's come out with in her career. Some are better than others of course. The one she did with Madonna wasn't so great...Me Against The Music. And there were a couple of kinda crappy one-off singles she did when she was married to K-Fed that weren't so hot.

But (You Drive Me) Crazy, Lucky, Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know, Oops! I Did It Again, Stronger, I'm A Slave 4 U, Overprotected, Toxic, Everytime. These are all gems.

As I see it, Britney is the only one who can lift America out of the depths of our current economic crisis.

She's not really naked, I read she was wearing nude undees and pasties.

Toxic is seriously the only song that I like of hers.

I hope she's "still around" in that in the next few years, she has gotten a grip on whatever it is that's messing her up, is out of the limelight and helping to raise her boys, and living the most normal life that she can.

:up:

No more "music" though, pls :uhoh:

The first two singles of her career, Baby One More Time and Sometimes, will always be my favorites. I still believe the former to be one of the greatest pop songs of all time and one of the most well-orchestrated introductions in pop music history. I was a wide-eyed 13 year old and I had the biggest crush in the world on Britney. Every boy my age did. And probably a lot of the girls my age did, too. She was somethin else when she first came strutting down the hall in that Catholic school girl outfit. Jeebus. But I digress...

I think I've genuinely enjoyed pretty much every single she's come out with in her career. Some are better than others of course. The one she did with Madonna wasn't so great...Me Against The Music. And there were a couple of kinda crappy one-off singles she did when she was married to K-Fed that weren't so hot.

But (You Drive Me) Crazy, Lucky, Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know, Oops! I Did It Again, Stronger, I'm A Slave 4 U, Overprotected, Toxic, Everytime. These are all gems.

As I see it, Britney is the only one who can lift America out of the depths of our current economic crisis.

Satire?

Heard and saw Womanizer for first time, the video reminds me of Toxic, and the song sounds so :down:

she uses her body, and skimpy or 'no' clothing to gain male viewing.

I guess she is the more daring Jessica Simpson. (aka of the few American Sweethearts much loved)

Usually pop music has to be really good to impress me because I'm not the biggest fan of pop music. But I've really liked her last load of singles (was never a big fan of Oops I did it again, hit me baby etc) and I really do wish her the best :up:

Being a popwhore I do love me some Brit Brit.

Stronger. Born To Make You Happy. (You Drive Me) Crazy. Lucky. Toxic. Everytime. (I Got That) Boom Boom. Anticipating. Gimme More. :love:

As long as she doesnt lose her shit again I can see her slipping into that Sarah McLachlan level of fame - you know what I mean? Slow album sales over longer stretches. By saying that she really needs to listen to her first album and learn how to sing again. This half breathy/half spoken shit is getting over done. The girl needs to learn how to let rip.

At this point, 5-10 years sounds about right. I'm somewhat surprised she's even alive right now.

I know. The beginning of this year after one of her episodes of erratic behavior even the newsreporter commented sad after that story about her being put on suicide watch. I remember reading somewhere whereby a psychologist said that if she carries on like this she could be dead before the end of the year. They also said the same thing about Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty a few years earlier. Whether you like them or not they are human beings with friends and family who love and need them in their lives just like any ordinary person.

I think the media just enjoy turning certain celebrities who possess a self destruct streak into a Monroe figure.

Everytime is one my favorite songs

Last edited:
So I heard Circus.

It's pretty good, you guys. The first half of the album is very strong, but there are a few duds in the second half.

If You Seek Amy is AMAZING.

Inexplicably awful cover art aside, it's another strong showing of pop numminess from our girl Brit.

I actually like "Womanizer". The only song I really liked off the last album was "Break The Ice", which is one of my fav. Britney songs ever. I think I may actually pick this one up.

So the Britney songs I have on the iPod
1. Baby, One More Time
2. Oops, I Did It Again
3. Lucky
4. I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
5. Toxic
6. Everytime
7. Someday (I Will Understand)
8. Break The Ice
9. Womanizer

Latest posts

Back