Britney Spears: 10 Years in Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well what do you mean by "still around"? I mean, Judy Torres, Chacka Khan and Timmy T are "still around". But not like Elton John is "still around". Or Barry Fucking Manilow is "still around," because no one is still fucking around like Barry. No one.

You're just full of these sweet little nuggets, aren't you?

And yeah, I friggin' love Manny Barrilow.

I read that this title is supposed to be interpreted as F-U-C-K me.

Kinda clever. Kinda naughty. Britney is awesome. I'll probably give this a spin sometime soon.

Yep, that's the joke. All the boys and all the girls just wanna if you seek amy (something like that). It's a killer track.

I liked a good handful of songs off Blackout. Gimme More is a weak track and was a poor choice for first single. However, Womanizer is much better, both as a track and a first single.

I didn't like it at first, but I dig it now. Catchy damned thing.

if you seek amy = "F-U-C-K me" when said aloud

The "kay" of K comes when you say "seek" and "amy" in order. "Me" isn't spelled.

Does that help?

It's like in Spanish when you say, "Eso si que es" ("That's what it is") which is pronounced S-O-C-K-S. It's world play - a play on words, if you will, per se. Not an anagram though. Those are different. Britney ain't up to anagrams yet. She's taking it slow. She might want to look into something along the lines of what Van Halen did with the brilliantly titled OU812 - which is "OH YOU ATE ONE TOO?" Or maybe she'll go with another Van Halen styling and following a "FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE" type of word play. Let this not be confused with the Bloodhound Gang's ode to the ham wallet entitled FOXTROT UNIFORM CHARLIE KILO. Both are clever ways of subtly (or perhaps not so subtley, lol ) spelling out FUCK - which is a curse word in English.

I remember there was a big fuss in middle school about the Korn song entitled "ADIDAS"

Apparently it wasn't about the shoe company at all but was in fact an acronym for "All day I dream about sex"...pretty deep huh?

Nowhere near as cool as if you seek amy.

fuck me.

And they made the R backwards!!!

logo%20korn.JPG

Geniuses, I tell ya.

[Credit don't go to me; stole this from a Google blog search :wink:]

Britney's got a busy week ahead of her:

Thursday:
- First performance in over a year; Bambi Awards in Germany

Friday:
- Performance on Star Academy in France
- U.S Rolling Stone Magazine Launch

Saturday:
- Performance on X Factor in U.K

Sunday:
- "Britney: For The Record" 90-minute tell-all documentary debuts on MTV, commercial-free.

Trailer:
'Britney: For The Record' Exclusive Extended Trailer on Yahoo! Video

- MTV airs Post-Show, live with Britney, counting down her 10 biggest Pop Culture Moments. Post-Show airs with fans discussing the Documentary.

Tuesday:
- "Circus" CD/DVD launch [Parties @ Virgin Megastores in NYC + LA]
- Britney performs two songs live on GMA from NYC Circus
- U.S Tour to be Announced

Wednesday:
- Britney performs at Rockafeller Tree Lighting in NYC

Friday:
- "Circus" music video released

Preview:
YouTube - "Circus" Official Video - Teaser

She looks healthy and lovely on the cover. Too bad about the bared stomach, but I suppose it's "The Hot Issue," so they had to show some skin. Knowing RS's track record with "The Hot Issue," I'm just thankful she's not naked.

She looks freakin' hot :wink:

She was going for the 'Ring Leader' look. The performance opened and closed with the screens reading 'THE CIRCUS! STARRING BRITNEY SPEARS as THE RING LEADER!' She started behind a shadow screen, which turned into a ring of fire. The song was also remixed to feature a circusy tune, and it ended with dancers trapped in a circular cage, with Britney climbing to the top.

She sang over backing vocals, so there wasn't a TON of dancing.

Personally, I never really cared for Britney. I like Christina better.

I find it strange that everyone always criticizes Britney but always praises Madonna.

Hmmm...:|

That may be because some, like me, see Britney as a Madonna wannabe. She's been compared to Madonna, she praises Madonna ad nauseum, and so on.

The problem is, no matter how sexual Britney acts in her videos, music, etc., she could never be another Madonna. Madonna has something to say about sex, Britney doesn't. There's no substance to her songs. Its just "fuck me" music, while Madonna makes a statement on sexuality.

Christina Aguilera on the other hand can be compared to Madonna. She has something to say about sexuality.

But then again, there could never be another Madonna. If it weren't for her, we probably wouldn't have Britney and Christina.

Back
Top Bottom