Brian Eno's "Small Craft On A Milk Sea"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TM

Acrobat
Don't know where to put this, but we all know Brian Eno. This is his new album "Small craft on a milk sea".

warpcd207.jpg

Any comments on the cover? :wink:

What are you talking about? This is NOTHING like the NLOTH cover. For one thing, there's a beige strip below the picture, and, secondly, there's a wave. NLOTH didn't have a wave on IT'S cover. Also, it's brown instead of gray. See? Totally different.

:wink:

Brian's covers better, althought I don't particulary like either, NLOTH cover was very boring and didnt have much in common with the music,
I disagree completeley. I thought it was pretty "arty" for a band like U2 but it was cool.

When I saw the cover of this album, I had a thought about NLOTH cover too. Really they have something alike in their style.

I've listened to new Brian Eno's album today. Beautiful music (of course, I could feel the notes that had U2 in "The Unforgettable Fire" and "Joshua Tree" albums, mostly in the first one), but it's hard for me to listen to instrumental music.

i hate to derail this thread and ask that we actually speak about the album, but i've heard two of the tracks on Pitchfork, and really enjoyed both. anyone got a release date? i haven't bought a 2010 album in a long while (Sir Lucious might have been the last) so hopefully this good!

i hate to derail this thread and ask that we actually speak about the album, but i've heard two of the tracks on Pitchfork, and really enjoyed both. anyone got a release date? i haven't bought a 2010 album in a long while (Sir Lucious might have been the last) so hopefully this good!
North America - Nov. 2
everywhere else - Nov. 15

Not his best (that title belongs to the masterful Another Green World), but it is among his most enveloping. I definitely felt like I was somewhere other than my bedroom while I was listening, and since the album is scary as shit in parts, that's not always a pleasant sensation. But I do have a desire to hear it again at some point, so that puts it ahead of a lot of individual ambient records. I want to listen to this in winter while reading some Stephen King. That would be rad.

Popmatters gave this a phenomenal review a few days ago, I'll have to try to remember to check that stream out.

I've read one review full of praise and one calling it 'mediocre', which Another Day on Earth was ultimately.

We'll see after I have a listen.

Back
Top Bottom