Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Briefly discussed in The Killers thread:

Brandon releases his second album 'The Desired Effect' on 18 May. The first single 'Can't Deny My Love' is due on 23 March.

Brandon played Vive Latino where he played the single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WGhRYIyB78

Very 80s (shock me, but still), actually achieves a really cool dynamic with the song and the branding he is using for the album etc.

I quite like the song, pretty catchy, will be interesting to hear with a full studio treatment.

Thoughts?

I didn't realize we already had a live version. I usually avoid this type of think, but it's Brandon, so I'll cave.

(It's at 38:16, for the lazy)

Phhheewwww. Love this. Got some "Edge of Seventeen" in there, some lovely backing vocals, and that weird sound from "Sledgehammer". I'm so pumped.

15 second clip of the single on the killers victims page for members. Production sounds fucking amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Super jacked about this album. I will definetly have to pre order it.
Hopefully we also get a nice crop of bonus tracks like on Flamingo. They really made the album a lot better; Jacksonville and Clock Was Tickin are great.

Super jacked about this album. I will definetly have to pre order it.
Hopefully we also get a nice crop of bonus tracks like on Flamingo. They really made the album a lot better; Jacksonville and Clock Was Tickin are great.

Agreed! :heart::up:

I'm not sure it's better than Crossfire, but it's dope. I love the little changes from the live version, especially that pre-chorus in verse one. I don't think that was there live.

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

Really good song; I'm not gonna quite make full judgements on it yet. But I would rank it somewhere in the middle of Flamingo. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album, though.
Magdalena, Welcome To Fabulous Las Vegas, Crossfire, Clock Was Tickin, Jilted Lovers, etc. are all such great songs. I hope that this new album can be just as good, but Flamingo set the bar high.

The HAIM is very strong with this one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

After a few more listens, this song is awesome. Reminds me of the Crystal Ballroom, but better. Huge hooks and great vibe. And Brandon's vocals, as always, are superb.

It's not bad. I didn't care for anything on his last solo album.

To be honest, after a big CD purge, I have finally realized that I only don't really like the Killers; I only really like their first album.

Only that first album survived my purge.

It's not bad. I didn't care for anything on his last solo album.

To be honest, after a big CD purge, I have finally realized that I only don't really like the Killers; I only really like their first album.

Only that first album survived my purge.

How about Pearl Jam, did only "Ten" survive the purge?

That's pretty random, RBW.

I never had too many PJ CDs to begin with. I still Ten and their greatest hits collection.

Back
Top Bottom