Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still trying to figure out if the PJ comparison was supposed to be some sort of dig at me about liking only the album with all the hits on it.

... or if we really should just start calling you RandomByWolves.

n8EGJdR_zps90dc41f0.gif

Well, I made one post about the Killers/Brandon Flowers. Then it got all random and strange. I have no intention on hanging around bagging on ol' Brandon.

Ain't no hatin' goin' on, son.

Great way to wake up and have a new BF song on my phone. :hyper:
Agree, not as good as CDML, but a really good song.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The new song -The Lonely Town- is pretty good. I don't like the auto tune, though. But it's cool that he released 3 singles for album promotion. Is that a pretty common thing to do these days?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Auto tune is jarring, but I can see what he's doing. Otherwise the song is solid.

I've avoided live teasers because I listened to a couple and was underwhelmed, then studio versions hit and I was blown away. I think I need to know the songs before hearing them live. There is just so much in the production.

In loving the atmosphere of this album. Every track has been wildly different, yet they fit together perfectly. So pumped for the release

Just went up this morning. Great song. Probably my favorite out of the 4.

It's definitely growing on me after the first listen. I was interested in hearing how they'd put the Bronski Beat sample to use on this album and it seems like they did it justice here.

I think Lonely Town is clearly the weakest of the 4 and the other 3 are very close. Still Want You has been growing on me a lot, so I'll give I Can Change more time. But usually, it takes a couple listens for me to really get into it and I loved I Can Change on the 1st listen.

Much more levelled than Flamingo - highs aren't quite as high, there are no lows

My mother in law has been visiting, so I haven't been able to listen. I'll give it a whirl soon. Very very excited.

Just started downloading on my phone automatically. Glad I pre-ordered, it doesn't drop in the states until Tuesday. So excited. :hyper:

First impressions.....this album is phenomenal. I seriously love every song on it. Dreams Come True, Diggin' Up The Heart, The Ways It's Always Been, etc. are all incredible.

The Desired Effect > Songs Of Innocence.

Well, this exceeded my expectations. Great, great album. I Can Change is still my favorite song of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom