Brandon Flowers solo album, "Flamingo"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting!
I'm on my first listen now.

Edit : WOW, that's totally different from Crossfire.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

I've begun to stoop to the level of asking my parents for the tickets for my birthday that's still three weeks away :reject:

Man, I finally caved and looked at the set lists. Miri, let me know if it's worth it cause this is going to cost a pretty penny and ...eh?

Is this album not available on iTunes? I haven't liked any of the leaked songs yet, but I suppose I should at least listen to the preview clips.

I haven't checked yet, but I think it was only a week or two before Day and Age was released that we got those :30 clips, so I'm assuming they're at least a week or two away.

^ Got taken down.

Man, I finally caved and looked at the set lists. Miri, let me know if it's worth it cause this is going to cost a pretty penny and ...eh?

If you've seen the setlist and the amount of songs on it, then you can probably calculate how long the show is going to be.

I'm sorry I can't share any pictures. We were told 'No photography per artist's request' by the venue personnel. They were on you like hawks if you tried. I ended up second row center behind a short girl/woman and there was just no way I could sneak one during the show. Turns out there might have been some miscommunication between the venue and Brandon's people. As the later have come forward saying they told the venue that cameras were allowed.

Anyway, I thought the show was fantastic! Brandon absolutely sang his heart out and gave it his all. I liked all the songs and thought the band/musicians that backed him were good too. I've heard others say it felt kinda weird to see him without Dave, Ronnie and Mark on stage with him. But I didn't have any problem with it at all. I definitely felt lucky and privileged to be there and see him in such a small venue at a warm-up show. The crowd was very into it and kept on screaming. Brandon couldn't stop smiling about that. I imagine that for the first (and second) show he must have been pretty nervous hitting the stage solo, but he (already) seemed pretty relaxed on Thursday.

I'd go see the show again in a heartbeat.

Crossfire was a horrible single.

Going to give the rest of the album a shot, but my expectations are not high at all.

The Only the Young Remix is promising, though. Reminds me of Ultravox.

So Flamingo's pulling a Day and Age and not leaking even when its officially released then? (I'm assuming from disco's post above that it came out in Aussie-land today?)

So Flamingo's pulling a Day and Age and not leaking even when its officially released then? (I'm assuming from disco's post above that it came out in Aussie-land today?)

came out in germany too. nobody is sharing! didn't these people go to kindergarten?!

Back
Top Bottom