Brandon Flowers solo album, "Flamingo"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I'm the only one here who has Day & Age as my favorite of theirs then. :wink:
Also, I do like Sam's Town. I do not love it like the other two but I find it good still.

And I must add that after I saw them live all my opinions about their albums were improved, except for Day & Age which I already had as "amazing". :D

Oh Day & Age is by far their best, which is still saying a lot - Hot Fuss is an amazing record. Sam's Town is very good, and Sawdust is right up there too.

Charlize Theron in that video... :drool:

Flamingo album cover art :

Flamingo.jpg

New website design :

website.jpg

i'm a die hard killers fan, i've seen them 7 times, but....i hate crossfire. it sounds bland and uninspired. also didn't help when i heard that this could have been the next killers album -- when i hear the song now, all i can think is "man, ronnie would have killed the drums on this track". oh well, i'll probably go to the show anyways, and hopefully lanois makes the album listenable.

I like that cover art if only because I enjoy getting drunk and fucking shit up in Las Vegas.

You know what I want to hear? "On the Floor". Are we not going to get that until August 3rd, or is it floating around somewhere?

Supposedly these are just warm up shows.
Not the official tour yet.

There will be more dates/shows, but no garantuee he will be back in any of the 5 city's that are now announced.

My guess is a lot will depend on how succesfull these warm up dates are, how well these shows go, how comfortable Brandon feels being on stage by himself (without the Killers) and how the album is received (critics and sales wise), once it's out.

So my suggestion is, if you like Crossfire and live near one of these 5 city's (Vegas, LA, SF, Chicago, NY), definitely try to get tickets and go, if you have the chance.

The 5 venues he will be playing at are (very) tiny.

Vegas - 450
LA - 500
SF - Around 600
Chicago - 750
NY - 700

Today's pre-sales were all sold out in less than a minute.
With 50% or less held back for the general sale, you can see that there won't be a lot of tickets around.

Fuck, I was hoping it wouldn't sell out. I'm not going to be able to pick up tickets until right before the show. Hellllo inflated re-sale prices.

Fuck, I was hoping it wouldn't sell out. I'm not going to be able to pick up tickets until right before the show. Hellllo inflated re-sale prices.

Today was the fan-club presale.
The general sale is on Friday.

All tickets are will call (to prevent scalping)

Yeah, I tried for the fan-club-members-only pre-sale today, for the SF show, and no dice. Tickets were instantly gone. :angry:

Sorry. :hug:

2 of those are my fault :hide:

I was able to get 2 easily during pre-sale but i tried for a friend today in general sale and no luck.

For NY?

I was online on Wednesday to see how the presales for the other time-zones were going, before the SF-presale started and the NY one was absolutely crazy! Crashing servers, weird error messages, people not being able to get through and getting angry, etc. Almost felt like a u2 sale. LOL

So I can only imagine how today's general sale for that show must have gone down. I just read on the Killers forum that someone called ticketweb and was told thee were 300 tickets available for NY in the presale today. With a limit of 2 per person, that's anywhere between 150 and 300 clicks to sell out. A matter of split seconds.

yes, i got them for NY. by the time i was done with the transaction & went back, it said pre-sale sold out. i was very lucky that there were no errors or server crashes!! wow!! very similar to the U2 sales! haha

oh i bet the tix went in a matter of seconds today too!! it's amazing and a treat for a big artist to play these smaller capacity venues.

Tracklist for the album :

flamingotracklist.jpg

You know what I want to hear? "On the Floor". Are we not going to get that until August 3rd, or is it floating around somewhere?

It's August 3rd.
The 10 inch vinyl of Crossfire was released today (but is no longer available on amazon)
But I don't think On the floor is floating around yet.

Back
Top Bottom