Brandon Flowers solo album, "Flamingo"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just picked up a ticket to the NYC show today on the LiveNation presale. I almost missed it though because all my usual sources for knowing about shows, etc. have not been mentioning him at all, was bummed that the smaller show he did here last month totally passed me by. Still need to get the album, had not realized it was out this week.

pop artist, have you been to the hammerstein? how big is it? i picked up a ticket yesterday to this show! :hyper: :hyper:

a few earlier posts were saying that the live version of Playing with Fire produces more energy than the album version. don't have the new album yet myself, but i can see this being the case.

here's my vid of PwF from the show at the Highline...
YouTube - Brandon Flowers - Playing With Fire - NYC

I have ...the floor is quite big! There's also seating - sound is not great in the seats though since they are all under low ceilings except for the very top.

I'm too lazy to read through a bunch of pages on here to find the general consensus of this album, but I find it solid but forgettable upon first listen.

Listened to it about 10 times. Some songs are okay, but to me, definitely not up to Killer quality material.

Wow! I'd love to know why he picked If God, better, I'd love to see him perform it when he comes to Philly.

Only bought the album last week and first listen was a bore but it's a-growing. The opening track is brilliant, love that!

Jacksonville is indeed pretty sweet...

And his support act for his US Tour is none other than Travis' FRAN HEALY :drool: ... who just released a cracking solo album of his own a month back. :D

Daaaaaaaamn that is a fine cover of If God Will.....

It kind of sounds like Flowers is trying to channel Johnny Cash singing it.

Back
Top Bottom