Boy/Girl Collaborations...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laz,

Both great ones...

The only issue I have with the U2/Sinead song is here you have two of the greatest singers(in my world) doing a song together and neither have that great glory moment... which I appreciate subtlety and singers who don't have to hit that certain note in every song, but damnitt with these two doing a once in a lifetime recording I wanted a little showing off... other than that, it's lovely.

Great thread -

i can't find a Youtube video for this one. But it's become one of my absolute favorite songs of the year, not to mention duets. This song has pushed itself WAY up my ALL TIME list.

"Your Control" by Crooked Fingers featuring Neko Case. Can be found on the Crooked Fingers album "Forfiet/Fortune". They're opening for Neko on her upcoming tour. I smell a live duet...

it's an uptempo duet - like springsteen meets new order with Neko's unbelievable talent pushing things higher. Her voice just sounds SO good in a duet. she makes any dude sound better.
and i love the words - I'm not usually a lyric guy, but these are GOOD...

"Your Control" by Crooked Fingers

from your tower you say you see the way to go
but you wont climb down
no you won't climb down
seems you'd know by now just how to pick your battles, girl
but you want your control
you want your control

you came on so easy singing "gentle on my mind"
but a few months in your stuff grew thin
from the trouble of another time
there you go again pretending you know what goes on
you say you want resolution
I say you want your control

rebel's got no mind to forfeit
fortune teller - tell me how it won't be changing
bit by bit arms started shaking
spinning around the kids wanna make it
piece by piece cold time erasing
what we want and what we'll be taking
what we want and what we'll be taking
it's no choice if it's just another

reaction we can skip the details and be done
and I won't go back
no I won't go back
then it comes I get a funny feeling sometimes
I don't know why-
no, I don't know why.

Good stuff. check it out.

I can't look on Youtube at work right now, but I have an mp3 of Elvis Costello and Lucinda Williams covering the Stones' "Wild Horses" from some TV show, and it's just :drool:

WTF????

Where's Robert Plant and Alison Krauss?

But I'm a lazy bastard... :sad::sad:

I'll appreciate if anyone wants to post their videos.... :wink:

Most every Architecture in Helsinki, Low, Los Campesinos!, My Bloody Valentine, Arcade Fire, and Slowdive song would be on my list.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about Willie & Sinead. There's that one part where Willie looks like he's cruising her. It's just a bit creepy. Maybe put it next to Tori & Maynard. :wink:

Holy crapoli, how could I forget Postal Service and that Decemberists song?! Good calls, GAFfer. U no wuts wut.

Laz,

Both great ones...

The only issue I have with the U2/Sinead song is here you have two of the greatest singers(in my world) doing a song together and neither have that great glory moment... which I appreciate subtlety and singers who don't have to hit that certain note in every song, but damnitt with these two doing a once in a lifetime recording I wanted a little showing off... other than that, it's lovely.

The "put out the poetry, let's hit the main artery" section is pretty sick, I'd say.

I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet:

YouTube - MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL "Ain't no Mountain High Enough"

Also, any Velvet Underground song that involves Nico.

Back
Top Bottom