Bouncing Souls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Anyone else think they kick some major ace? If you've never heard of them, download the songs Hopeless Romantic, Gone, True Believers, and Ole. Great band, and by the way, I heard them say in an interview that when they first got together they use to play a lot of U2 songs.

u2popmofo said:
Anyone else think they kick some major ace? If you've never heard of them, download the songs Hopeless Romantic, Gone, True Believers, and Ole. Great band, and by the way, I heard them say in an interview that when they first got together they use to play a lot of U2 songs.

They are awesome. Glad there is another fan here. I have been into them for about a year now. I love their album - How I spent my summer vacation. Fantastic.

I just listened to that album today, well Monday. Yeah, it's great, so is Hopeless Romantic.

Ok, this is the only Bouncing Souls thread I could find. Talk about old!!!

Anyways, I thought I'd let you all know that they're playing on Conan O'Brien tonight - 1/16/04.

Please watch, enjoy, learn, and rejoice. They've gone from being a band I liked to becoming one of my favorite bands in the last year. Hope you check them out. :up:

DiGi said:
i still need to buy their most recent album, I can't believe I have not done that yet

It's my absolute favorite of theirs. :up:

well i saw them live with my brother....they were really good and they covered a bruce springsteen song....cant remember which one now....but i got a kick out of that....True Believers is awesome and the entire hopeless romantic cd is great

WHOOOOOHOOOOO! a bouncing souls thread! now comes the part where i post too much, all of which has no value to anyone.

i think i've heard most of if not all their albums at some point, but being lame, pathetic and broke, i only own anchors aweigh.

i look forward to the warped tour pretty much just because these guys are playing it this summer. i missed them when they came to boston cos my ride to the show bailed on me (still bitter about that).

mofo, thanks for reminding me that i need to track down the fucker who stole the station's souls' albums. i'm assuming anchors aweigh is in transit between the new stacks and the regular stacks...but you know it's suspicious when i go to do my show and i can only find the anti-flag split :down:

u2popmofo said:
Ok, this is the only Bouncing Souls thread I could find. Talk about old!!!

Anyways, I thought I'd let you all know that they're playing on Conan O'Brien tonight - 1/16/04.

Please watch, enjoy, learn, and rejoice. They've gone from being a band I liked to becoming one of my favorite bands in the last year. Hope you check them out. :up:

i watched!

in fact, i did all those things. rejoicing and whatnot.

I find it necessary to show evidence of the Souls' greatness by sharing a lyric of their's that is very near to my heart:

'Bouncing Souls, no one can beat us. We drink beer and wear Adidas'.

You dont often find lyrics that amazing, now do you? In just 13 words they tell of their unbeatability and foot wear. I am impressed, but I digress.

i put that needle on the record and played that song again

that's the besti could do with this crap on the radio...dammit, give me a reason to care and i'll sing along forever!

:)

Well i walked into the bar and i put in twenty bucks
Because i know people taste in music sucks About four
hours had passed, forty picks and my empty glass,
a tasty number all dressed in black tried to rock us
with her wack attack There was no fuss we knew her game
you look good but all your songs are lame

Bullying the jukebox because it's fun, you can't get near it
until we're done Bullying the jukebox because we rule
all the songs we like are really cool

Songs of punk and songs of joy, love songs about girls and
boys; songs of metal and English stuff and some hardcore
songs to make us feel tough but we all agreed that the
songs of woe, and the songs of loved ones had to go
Churned up memories of time we dreamt that got us all
verklempt We drank until our last song We paid our tab
and we said so long swerwing in and out of cars...
it's off to rock another bar

i figured that since i'm declaring my love for this band all over interference tonight, i might as well do it in this thread

:heart:

it only took 3 and a half years...

You are a proverbial "Late Bloomer", yes?

Better late than never.

Ole.

haha

yes

yes

currently taking the nighttrain to complete fandom, so it's all good

:up:

yeah mine is anchors awiegh as well.

good luck with the rocking of the exam, digi!

DiGi said:
tomorrow when i get my new CD lets discuss the bouncing of the souls......

I think the three of us need to post in this thread some more.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom