Bon Jovi- Worth seeing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So I've always been a closet casual Bon Jovi fan. Love the greatest hits, own a few of the albums and like them overall pretty well, and do not like the fact that they went country for awhile in a vain attempt to sell records. They are coming to Columbus (45 min from my house) in March, on a Sunday which is perfect as far as finding a babysitter, and tickets are $25 (at least the ones I'm willing to buy).

Are they any good live? They are a BIG band who are quite popular, so therefore they must be pretty good, right? Also, none of my friends will voluntarily go to this with me, so it'd be one of those things my wife would be "forced" to go to with me, provided I take her out to a nice dinner beforehand. And she probably knows 5 Bon Jovi songs, so would she have a miserable time? When you are working adults with children, concerts are a rare luxury. Should we go to this? Thoughts?

$25! Wow. I'd say if you're even a little bit of a fan, you should go because $25 is a steal for a band that well-known.

I've only heard good things from people who have seen them, so if you're interested you should totally go for $25 a ticket. I'm sure your wife will drag you someplace in the future so it all evens out.

A mate of mine back in the UK says the best gig he's ever seen was Bon Jovi supported by Nickelback.

Haven't spoken to him for a while.

I saw Jon Bon Jovi perform with Springsteen and he was pretty great. Just one song, but yeah, I would definitely be there for $25, but I'm an anomaly on this board: A Bon Jovi fan.

I haven't seen them recently, but they were good live back in the day, I'm talking 20 yrs ago roughly the last time I saw them and saw JBJ do a solo show with different band (and the inevitable Peter Wolf guest appearance) at the Orpheum in Boston in 1997, and he was good then.
Wife is a fan, I like the first couple of albums, lost interest with the latter day lighter side of Bon Jovi.

A mate of mine back in the UK says the best gig he's ever seen was Bon Jovi supported by Nickelback.

Haven't spoken to him for a while.

A good friend of mine saw that tour, it was his first real rock show. Has fond memories of it but says he wouldn't really enjoy it now.

I guess if you have interest in Bon Jovi, $25 is a fantastic price.

I saw them a year or two ago (can't really remember) and I paid about $19 each for the tickets. :up: It was a fun show. I only know the old hits, but it was still very entertaining during the songs I didn't know. Go for it!

Next time I promise I'll use that wink smiley.

My girlfriend bought us tickets for there show at the O2 in london back in 2010,im not a big fan so i dont know where she got the idea that i was! Must say though i had a great time,they played a couple of the big hits ''stripped'' back which was cool.

Saw them a few years ago. It was a fun show. I think it's worth $25. Live music, night out with the wife, Jon is easy on the eyes... Who knows, you might get lucky! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom