Bon Jovi- Worth seeing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys can continue to debate this but right now Peter Siddle is steaming in against the South Africans. Just bowled de Villiers with a beauty. 50 odd overs to take five wickets.

You guys can continue to debate this but right now Peter Siddle is steaming in against the South Africans. Just bowled de Villiers with a beauty. 50 odd overs to take five wickets.

Seriously, next time you mention that you don't or didn't understand a thread or in-joke, read this post and stfu twice.

155622_o.gif

"Slippery When Wet" was released during my high school days & the cassette that I owned got heavy rotation in my Walkman. Flash forward to about 10yrs ago - I was LONG since out of high school & generally 'over' Bon Jovi. I ended up winning a pair of tickets to see them through a radio station give away. The only reason I was going to make the hour & a half drive to see the show is that the GooGoo Dolls were opening & I wanted to see them.

GGD played a good set. I enjoyed their performance. Bon Jovi then took the stage. I was able to pretend I wasn't having a good time for about 1/3 of the first song & then I was a goner. Jon looked great, he sounded great, the band sounded outstanding & the audience was really into the show. By the time they got around to "Dead or Alive" & "Hangin' on a Prayer", they were tearing the roof off the place. :rockon:

Moral of the story: I was a 'used-to-be" fan. Thought I was too mature & too evolved to still enjoy Bon Jovi. I.Was.Wrong. :D Go see the show if the tickets are $60 a piece. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :up: :dancing:

Hangin' on a Prayer? Really? :huh:

does it make me an elitist to completely disregard the opinions of people who can't even name a band/artist's biggest hit correctly?

who am i kidding, i was going to completely disregard any positive bon jovi opinion no matter what.

Jesus Christ, heaven forbid someone just type the wrong word. Like she doesn't know what the song is called.

Thank you!

I'm driving it down to Portland to see Springsteen tomorrow, and I think I'll blast some Bon Jovi just to spite IWasBored.

So I've always been a closet casual Bon Jovi fan. Love the greatest hits, own a few of the albums and like them overall pretty well, and do not like the fact that they went country for awhile in a vain attempt to sell records. They are coming to Columbus (45 min from my house) in March, on a Sunday which is perfect as far as finding a babysitter, and tickets are $25 (at least the ones I'm willing to buy).

Are they any good live? They are a BIG band who are quite popular, so therefore they must be pretty good, right? Also, none of my friends will voluntarily go to this with me, so it'd be one of those things my wife would be "forced" to go to with me, provided I take her out to a nice dinner beforehand. And she probably knows 5 Bon Jovi songs, so would she have a miserable time? When you are working adults with children, concerts are a rare luxury. Should we go to this? Thoughts?

So, what are you gonna do?

Ya ain't gonna impress anyone here by going.

ergo: all the snark.

Which is all the more reason you should go.

We're 4 pages in and nothing from you yet.

you should go! i would, if i was near a venue and tix were that reasonable! you will have a blast! (i used to love them when i was a teenager :D)

Yes! Why wouldn't I spend 25 dollars for a horrible band, instead of spending the same amount for two or three smaller gigs with upcoming and promising bands (or anything else really)? It's just money anyway!

Pack of smokes, a sandwich, and a coffee plus I have six bucks or so leftover.

Yes! Why wouldn't I spend 25 dollars for a horrible band, instead of spending the same amount for two or three smaller gigs with upcoming and promising bands (or anything else really)? It's just money anyway!

So, what are you gonna do?

Ya ain't gonna impress anyone here by going.

Which is all the more reason you should go.

:shrug:

You aren't going to see three smaller bands for $25, unless they are some SERIOUSLY local bands.

Not everybody lives in the United States. I saw two of the biggest bands in my country yesterday for an equivalent of 8 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom