Bon Iver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooh la la, new Bon Iver EP!

147439.boniver_3.jpg

Bon Iver Announces New EP, Adds Dates | Pitchfork

The Blood Bank EP oozes into stores in the UK/Ireland January 19 and the U.S. January 20, all thanks to Jagjaguwar. The four song set will be available on either CD or download-coupon-boosted 12", with the vinyl getting a little pre-release action at the merch tables at Bon Iver's forthcoming December dates.

Blood Bank:

01 Blood Bank
02 Beach Baby
03 Babys
04 Woods

In addition to Vernon & co.'s previously reported run next month, they'll tape an appearance for the David Letterman television program December 11 to be aired on or around that date, and make their way to Australia to ring in 2009.

banana.gif

Great, great record guys. Thanks for the recommendation. The best part? The closing duo of For Emma and Re: Stacks.

This one may end up a top 10 contender.

Has the EP leaked yet?

It leaked last night, but I'm taking the scumbo road for once. I want to hear it for the first time on vinyl.

Anyway, the record is #4 of the year for me.

Thursday, December 11:
CBS: Late Show With David Letterman: Bon Iver

Played Skinny Love. It was a cool performance, he had 3 drummers. You could probably find it on Youtube or a blog somewhere I'm sure.

That was excellent.

I had no idea what they looked like live or anything, but I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever seen three drummers and only one guitar.

skinny love is one of the saddest songs ive heard in such a long time

i played it on the car on my brother's wedding day, it was a cloudy and generally grey day

and it moved everyone

speaking of being taken off guard by a sad tune...i was walking with my headphones on during a beautiful bright sunny and still day.

i had just finished working another pointless and meaningless day

the song was 'release me' by swedish singer oh laura, i was sitting idly by

for some strange reason when the lines:

I am the rain that's coming down on you
That you shielded yourself from with a roof
I am the fire burning desperately but you're controlling me

RELEASE ME!

the way she sings "i am the fire burning desperately" hit a nerve :sad: - just the way she sings it, its not pitch perfect, she lets go! and it took me there :(

I finally bought this. I love Skinny Love. But the rest of it...well, it's good and all but I'm already kind of bored with it. :reject:

While I agree that Skinny Love is far and away the stand out, I really like these songs as well:

Flume
The Wolves
For Emma
RE: Stacks

You definitely have to be in the right mood for the album though.

I think I will enjoy having it on in the background. I'm usually more of an active than passive music listener, though, so I sense it may not be the kind of thing I reach for a lot but I do think it's quite good.

I think I will enjoy having it on in the background. I'm usually more of an active than passive music listener, though, so I sense it may not be the kind of thing I reach for a lot but I do think it's quite good.

I only liked the album until a couple of days ago. Wednesday night I think I listened to it 6 or 7 times while I was in the library studying. It wasn't just great background music, it was just overall putting me in a good mood, which was helpful cause I was freaked the hell out about my exam. Anyways, I absolutely love it now. It's moved up to my second favorite of the year.

I only liked the album until a couple of days ago. Wednesday night I think I listened to it 6 or 7 times while I was in the library studying. It wasn't just great background music, it was just overall putting me in a good mood, which was helpful cause I was freaked the hell out about my exam. Anyways, I absolutely love it now. It's moved up to my second favorite of the year.

It's growing on me. But I find the vocals a little tiresome. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom