Boards of Canada Hype Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny Boy

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-U
I guess I should have started this thread right after Record Store Day. Anyway, something is happening in about 3 hours.

photo_zpse9f782e3.png

8e824ac5.jpg

I need to hear more of this act. Really it's inexcusable I am not more familiar with them given my predilection toward electronica.

Don't overlook their EPs either. In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country is as good as their LPs and at 24 minutes would actually be a very simple way to get acquainted with their sound.

During the Canadian indie boom 8 or 9 years ago, I used to call them "Bored of Canada" to anger the Canadian posters.

Boards of Canada helped me win Buzz the Big Quiz once. That was before I'd heard a song by them. I'll always be thankful for that.

I'm going to listen to this again immediately after it comes out, as the quality of the rip that's floating around leaves something to be desired, but it's really really good. It's a very moody record, perhaps their moodiest to date. And I don't mean that as in "dark," as it doesn't have that icy Geogaddi quality, but it's definitely melancholy.

For some reason my copy of this and Disclosure delivered this morning. Going to be a fun night of electronic jamz.

Late to the party. Distracted by the glut of new releases lately.

I love listening to this at work. Blocks external noise out nicely.

New Seeds is my favorite. Also really dig Reach For The Dead, White Cyclosa, Nothing Is Real, and Come To Dust.

Back
Top Bottom