Blur, Oasis, or The Verve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oasis. giving them shit for being pricks is like giving Bono shit for being a humanitarian. also, they fuckin rock the shit. of course it comes down to a matter of personal preference but nobody was as big as Oasis back in the 90s.

Blur.

The Gallaghers were the rubbish in modern life, circa 1995. I thought that Andy Bell might redeem them a few years ago. Then I heard Tarantula recently for the first time. Now I'm grasping to remember redeeming qualities of Ride.

For whatever reason, I never listened to anything after The Great Escape. I need to catch up on that material. Never listened to the Verve.

51d5PtPIMeL._SS500_.jpg

:drool: Unstoppable.

Oasis. giving them shit for being pricks is like giving Bono shit for being a humanitarian.

Wow, there's some nice moral equivalence. Did the Gallaghers get nominated for the Nobel Prick Prize?

also, they fuckin rock the shit. of course it comes down to a matter of personal preference but nobody was as big as Oasis back in the 90s.

Bigger ain't better.

Oasis. giving them shit for being pricks is like giving Bono shit for being a humanitarian. also, they fuckin rock the shit. of course it comes down to a matter of personal preference but nobody was as big as Oasis back in the 90s.
What if you give them shit for their music and for being pricks?

Also, how the fuck does that have anything to do with Bono?

Right, because music is all about making anthems and has nothing to do with experimentation, lyric writing, or having two distinct eyebrows.

In light of your recent defense of Van Halen, I'm not really sure that I can take this claim seriously.

:wink:

Blur>>>Verve>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... there isn't enough space because Oasis sucks ass.

Blur and especialy w/ Damon Albarn's work with Gorilaz... he's a genious. I love Verve to pieces though

Oasis did have some immensely fantastic songs post (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

DÝou Know What I Mean?
My Big Mouth
I Hope I Think I Know
Don't Go Away
Be Here Now
Who Feels Love
Go Let It Out
Sunday Morning Call
Let's All Make Believe
Cigarettes in Hell
Shout It Out Loud
Songbird
She Is Love
Little By Little
Pass Me Down The Wine
Love Like A Bomb
A Bell Will Ring
The Importance of Being Idle
Lyla
Shock of the Lightning
To Be Where There's Life
The Turning
Bag It Up
I'm Outta Time

I love 'em.. :heart:

The only good thing that ever came from Oasis is that Wonderwall drops panties when played on an acoustic guitar. That's the only good thing, and if anyone tells you different, they're liars.

let me clarify. Bono being a humanitarian has nothing to do with the quality of music U2 produces. neither does Liam being a prick.

in addition, while i got used to seeing it, i still think Edge's headset mic is really stupid.

edit: for what it's worth, i used to absolutely hate Oasis. i thought the music was drab and boring and repetitive. i don't know exactly what changed my mind.

The Verve dominate, albeit more during their early shoegaze period than their later Britpop hits. A Storm In Heaven, the Verve EP, and the All In The Mind single are three of the finest representatives of the 'gaze.

(That said, the second half of Urban Hymns is damn great.)

I like Keane better than all 3 of them :drool:

That's all well and good, but Keane aren't from the same era as these bands. So should we just start listing artists from any time or scene that we like better than Blur, Oasis, and The Verve?

I still like your avatar, though.

That's all well and good, but Keane aren't from the same era as these bands. So should we just start listing artists from any time or scene that we like better than Blur, Oasis, and The Verve?

I still like your avatar, though.

I guess my point was that I'm not really that fond of any of them :sexywink:

P.S. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2xyegxaJsE&feature=fvw

OASIS - Oasis is more than the music. Its a religion. A way of life. A great source of inspiration. Noel Gallagher is God. No nonsense, no sucking up to the USA or shitty rappers like Jay Z.

The first 3 albums are amazing. Masterplan proves why Noel is better than Lennon/McCartney. Standing on the Shoulders is underrated. Heathen Chemistry is alright. Dont Believe the Truth is quality and Dig Out Your Soul is brilliant.

Then the Verve - Urban Hymns is a masterpiece. A Northern Soul has a few good ones. Forth is pretty useless though.

Blur - most songs they make sounds as though its a joke. Alex James is a knob as well. Posh boys thinking they are cool. Damon is ok, shame most of his side projects suck except Gorillaz. Best song is Coffee and Tv. Nothing else about them.

Manic Street Prechers, Supergrass, Dodgy, James, Ocean Colour Scene, Paul Weller wipe the floor with Blur.

Back
Top Bottom