Blur, Oasis, or The Verve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
The age old question of 90s Brit rock.

First off, The Verve is not eligible because they only pass through our dimension once every several years, and even then it's hard for us, as merely corporeal, 3D beings to perceive them in their natural state.

So it really comes down to Blur or Oasis. Frankly I think Oasis are shit.

What do you guys think?

If I can't go for The Verve then I'll pick Oasis. Blur haven't really clicked with me as of now.

Oasis. Cos I spent marginally more time in the 90s being drunk in clubs dancing to Supersonic than Park Life. When I wasn't singing along to Bittersweet Symphony.....

Blur, even though I quite like the first two Oasis records. Blur are more interesting. And far less obnoxious.

Pulp was the only one truly able to escape mediocrity in a positive way now & again

drab it was

VERVE!!!!
:drool:

I don't care if they aren't around alot.. they count.. and if you think that then why include them in your post.. is this some kind of torture? Cuz the other bands can't even compare IMO.

I have always been and continue to be an Oasis fan. As many attempts as I've given Damon Albarn, none of his projects have ever held my attention.

1. Blur
2. Supergrass
3. Oasis Kid from the Top 5 UK university
4. In The Shadows, Noel gets stabbed
5. Knife Crime
6. Eyebrows
7. Pulp
8. Oasis

1. Oasis
2. Blur
3. The Verve

Blur are way more talented than Oasis, but I just never felt the urge to explore their back catalogue beyond the Best Of. Mostly because I don't really like Damon Albarn as a vocalist.

Oasis, because their songs resonate more with me, and are more enjoyable. Consistently great listening.

Blur are super as well, but don't move me as much, and I've also never been tempted to thoroughly delve into their catalogue beyond the first BEST OF and a few of their studio albums.

While The Verve are also splendid, their music tends to dawdle sometimes without going anywhere. See Numbness off Forth as a case in point.

The Verve... oh unpopular opinion!!! I find Ashcroft's lyrics to be more effortlessly engaging than the Gallagher's and their music more pleasing than Blur, so this answer is purely based on entertainment quality, all have their merits.

Blur. I know their music the most of those three artists (and love what I've heard as well). Oasis, I just know their bigger songs, and the Verve I've only heard a couple songs by. I do like the few songs I've heard by those two bands, though-"Wonderwall" and "Bittersweet Symphony" are a couple of the best songs from the '90s, imho. Or at least, they're a couple of my personal favorite songs from that decade.

Pulp and Suede I've heard of and have heard a song or two here and there. Don't know much else about 'em.

Angela

Oasis.

Can't really stand Damon Albarn's voice. And The Verve doesn't do much for me.

I can't stand Damon Albarn's voice either and I find their songs a bit flimsy. LOVE The Verve to death, but Oasis is at the top in terms of '90's britpop. The haters are just mad that Oasis undeniably created the most memorable anthems of that era. :D

Right, because music is all about making anthems and has nothing to do with experimentation, lyric writing, or having two distinct eyebrows.

Right, because music is all about making anthems and has nothing to do with experimentation, lyric writing, or having two distinct eyebrows.

Exaaactly. It's also about who can conjure up the most tabloid drama. Also, you're angry cause you know you could never grow a monobrow like the Gallaghers. Don't h8, just appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom