Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought Splendour was in New Shit Wales? Was thinking of going up for it provided the line up is good, MGMT and Bloc are appealing, nothing will match the '07 line up which for some shit reason I didn't get a ticket for.

Editors :drool:, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc, Lily Allen, Expatriate, Josh Pyke, Ash, Cut Copy, Arctic Monkeys, Paul Kelly, Grinspoon, Cat Empire, Hoodoo Gurus

All acts that I would pay money (or have paid money) to see....

That's mental. I got a taste of Paul Kelly at Sound Relief, now I'm desperate to see him live properly. He played my favourite song of his. Got two Josh Pyke albums now :up:

Well, I listened, and let's just say I'm more of a Silent Alarm sort of man. The last three tracks were probably the best of the lot. Couldn't relate to the lyrics much, sadly. Pretty personal album... Biko... did he have a girlfriend pass away? I'm suprised I haven't heard more of these out clubbing. And what a video that Signs remix is :lol:

I think Intimacy is a grower. It's not immediately mind-blowing like S.A. or immediately I-know-I'm-going-to-like-this-but-it's-going-to-take-a-few-listens-because-it's-so-heavy like AWITC.

Personally, I think the album is best when it's veering toward the electronic-tinged (which I believe are the more Jacknife Lee produced songs): Ares, Mercury, Signs, Ion Square. And I think the Paul Epworth songs (again I believe they're): Halo, Trojan Horse, One Month Off, Better Than Heaven, work much better live than they do recorded.

:shrug: That's just my two cents worth.

:yes; I haven't heard AWITC yet actually. I flicked through the Intimacy thread. Ion Square's probably my favourite so far... absolutely nailed the whole building crescendo thing.

Intimacy is great.....a very strange album though......kinda a hybrid of where Bloc were going with Flux, and Silent Alarm, very interesting album....nowhere near as classic as A Weekend In The City which could just be the album of the decade, it is that remarkable.

I will say that, as far as overall theme and lyrical arc, both A Weekend In The City and Intimacy are much better than Silent Alarm. So Kele's writing and grasp over an entire album is improving, now the music just has to coalesce just as well and they will have their GREAT album. :D

Sheesh. Those dudes need to spend more time in the studio, I can't help but feel like they're rushing things a bit more than they should be after the last album.

True. Flux is probably my favorite thing they've done since Silent Alarm, and it kinda just showed up unexpected.

The band just changed their Facebook status. This is what it says:

Bloc Party Brand new single 'One More Chance' out on the 10th of August!

:hyper::hyper:

Fuck. Yes.

Thank you, BoMac, for bringing some sunshine into my cloudy morning. But why does August 10th have to be so far off?!?!?

How odd because I read that they canceled a bunch of shows and postponed the Japan leg until the end of the year due to extreme tour exhaustion. So if they're so exhausted from touring all the time (which they definitely do), when the hell did they have time to record a new song? hahahaha Crazy.

"One More Chance"

whoooooooooo :rockon:

Also, by the way, word is it's being played on Thursday on Radio 1, August 10th is probably a physical release.

Too bad they weren't able to promote Intimacy all that well, but they put on a killer tour.

Back
Top Bottom