Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Either that or move on to being disappointed by everything else they've done since Silent Alarm..... :reject:

:wink:

i was reading somewhere that one of the songs off the most recent street dogs album is a blatant rip-off of "positive tension." i can kind of hear it if i turn my head sideways, stand on my head, and blink my eyes while i listen. in other words, i don't really get it. but this website swore it was so, ergo i took a listen.

anyway, the relavent part of this was: other point the thing i was reading made was that everything since silent alarm was crap.

i didn't like it. but oddly enough, the street dogs song that supposedly rips it off is one of two of their songs i don't like either.

BTW last night was amazing, the sound is about the only thing that was improved in the transition from Avalon to House of Blues but Bloc was excellent :cute:

I'm pretty sure he means Boston. At least I'm assuming he means Boston. I'm also assuming Powerhourhouse is a he.

Ahhh, ok. Because L.A. also has an Avalon and a House of Blues, and I thought Bloc were supposed to be playing The Palladium in L.A. on April 15th. I still don't have a ticket. I've seen them 7 times, so I'm really having a hard time justifying spending money to go for an 8th time. :confused:

The idea of you NOT going to a Bloc Party show is frightening and disturbing, Fitz. I think you should go just to avoid freaking us all out.

Ahhh, ok. Because L.A. also has an Avalon and a House of Blues, and I thought Bloc were supposed to be playing The Palladium in L.A. on April 15th. I still don't have a ticket. I've seen them 7 times, so I'm really having a hard time justifying spending money to go for an 8th time. :confused:

Haha, no I was talking about Boston. The Avalon used to be a club in Boston which was closed in 2007 to be redone, and opened last month as the biggest House of Blues to date.

Your assumption about my gender was right, but once again there's no 'house' in my username haha.

Also, anyone have any good sites for Bloc Party bootlegs? I can't find any recent ones. I wish I could find an audio rip of "Live and Intimate".

Hey, Power, did they play 'Ion Square'? I never heard that one live and it's my favorite off Intimacy. Also, I'm sad they seem to have stopped playing 'I Still Remember', it took me a while to get into that song, but now I just think it's sheer pop-rock perfection and I think they've only played it 2 out of the 7 times I've seen them. :sad:

I'm actually wearing a "God Bless Bloc Party" t-shirt under my work required "collared with buttons" shirt today, if you all can believe such a thing.

Also, while stopped at a red light on the way to work today, I looked over at a gas station and sang in my head, "The price of gas keeps on rising". That's a fact.

Sorry I keep getting your name wrong, Powerhorse.

He's just lucky no one has been calling him Powerwhore yet, as you know that's coming.

I just listened to Ion Square in your honor, Fitz.

Whore? That's not very nice :(

Also, no I was disappointed they didn't play Ion Square, even with two encores. They also didn't play Signs. I'll try and find the setlist. I was surprised by some of what got pulled out, like Price of Gasoline.

One Month Off / Trojan Horse / Hunting For Witches / Positive Tension / Biko / Waiting For The 7.18 / Song For Clay (Disappear Here) / Banquet / Better Than Heaven / Blue Light / Mercury / This Modern Love / The Prayer

Halo / Price Of Gasoline / Flux / Helicopter
Ares / Like Eating Glass

Haha, no I was talking about Boston. The Avalon used to be a club in Boston which was closed in 2007 to be redone, and opened last month as the biggest House of Blues to date.

Your assumption about my gender was right, but once again there's no 'house' in my username haha.

they might as well have put in the place with seats the lyons people were threatening. that HOB is ridiculous. you know that scene in gangs of ny when they pan around the tenements and show all people there? that's what the balconies reminded me of, if you look, panning around from the floor. freaky.

^ :lol:, that's a pretty great comparison, but its not quite that bad. I love that movie though.

I was having a discussion earlier as to whether or not Avalon was actually torn down, I thought that was the plan, and someone told me they saw the site when it was levelled (I wasn't around much while the new place was under construction) but damn it seems identical to Avalon on the first floor, the stage is a little bigger and it does seem a bit wider but that could just be a two year absence skewing my memory. If it isn't the same structure, they borrowed the plans.

I was excited for it to be its own unique place, it was going to be Landsdowne Street Music Hall, that would be something uniquely Boston. I don't mind the chain (and actually it did originate in Cambridge), their restaurants are usually pretty fun for what they are (I'd never been to one of their concert halls before, this is the biggest one to date), and I guess their clout probably helps with booking. Oh well, they've got some pretty good shows lined up, I just wish they weren't such anti-camera zealots.

they played I still Remember in Toronto

but they didn't play Ion Square :(

was a great time at KoolHaus on March 14

EDIT: I found out they played Ion Square the night before in Toronto for the opening night of the NA Tour

BLOC PARTY / NEWSLETTER

INTIMACY REMIXED

We’re very excited to announce that on the 11th of May we will be releasing ‘Intimacy Remixed’ on limited edition CD or triple 12”. It will also be available digitally.

The album will include remixes by Gold Panda, Mogwai and Filthy Dukes and will lead off with a remix of ‘Signs’ by Armand Van Helden which will be released on the 27th of April.

The full tracklisting is:
1. Ares – Villains remix
2. Mercury – Herve is in Disarray remix
3. Halo – We Have Band Dub
4. Biko – Mogwai remix
5. Trojan Horse – John B remix
6. Signs – Armand Van Helden remix
7. One Month Off – Filthy Dukes remix
8. Zephyrus – Phase One remix
9. Talons – Phones RIP remix
10. Better Than Heaven – No Age remix
11. Ion Square – Banjo or Freakout remix
12. Letter To My Son – Gold Panda remix
13. Your Visits are Getting Shorter – Double D remix.

The video for ‘Signs’ (Armand Van Helden remix) is available to view on the band’s official site and YouTube.

Anyone who appreciates Drumb and Bass will probably be into a treat with Track 5.

There's a hole in their tour schedule around U2's NA leg... someone needs to connect these bands.

Back
Top Bottom