Bloc Party - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,284
Local Time: 04:04 AM
Question (if anyone knows): Does Kele sing "Blue Light", or is it Gordon?


It doesn't sound like Kele to me, but I wasn't sure if Gordon ever sang lead vocals.


__________________

__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,090
Local Time: 08:04 AM
how lovely is Kreuzberg?
__________________

__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:43 AM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
Question (if anyone knows): Does Kele sing "Blue Light", or is it Gordon?


It doesn't sound like Kele to me, but I wasn't sure if Gordon ever sang lead vocals.


it sounds like Kele to me... I'm pretty sure Kele does all lead.
__________________
AtomicBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,779
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
how lovely is Kreuzberg?
Sweet as.... great lyrics too.

Do they play it live?
__________________
intedomine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #95
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine


Do they play it live?
Yeah, they play it live. Prolly not every show but...I'm pretty sure they've played every AWITC song live, and it probably gets played a lot more than On and Where is Home.
__________________
AtomicBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #96
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 08:04 AM
The more I listen to it, the more I realize "Uniform" is the best off of AWITC, but the whole thing is epic. Too bad people were dumb and wrote it off because it was different (read: an improvement on) Silent Alarm.
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:34 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zonelistener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: six convenient metro locations
Posts: 14,740
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Big Grin I assume you will be right up front

Hey A-B.......

I purchased tickets for the show!

I'm not a big fan of that room in the Murat (saw Sufjan Stevens there last year), but looking forward to the show!
__________________
zonelistener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,090
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24
The more I listen to it, the more I realize "Uniform" is the best off of AWITC, but the whole thing is epic. Too bad people were dumb and wrote it off because it was different (read: an improvement on) Silent Alarm.
song for clay is the best IMO

followed by kreuzberg......I still remember..and...Srxt..

still one of the best records released this year
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,779
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Sunday seems to be a little underappreciated, and I suppose it is one of the less spectacular tracks on the album, but it's a great lyrical sentiment.

The morning after a night on the piss, watching the Under 15's playing football in the park in St Leonards. What a splendid image and what an easy-to-relate-to circumstance.
__________________
intedomine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:27 PM   #100
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Re: I assume you will be right up front

Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24
The more I listen to it, the more I realize "Uniform" is the best off of AWITC, but the whole thing is epic. Too bad people were dumb and wrote it off because it was different (read: an improvement on) Silent Alarm.


I adore Uniform. It's probably my favourite off the album as well. I love it live...when it gets all heavy at the end I rock the fuck out


Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
Hey A-B.......

I purchased tickets for the show!

I'm not a big fan of that room in the Murat (saw Sufjan Stevens there last year), but looking forward to the show!
I dunno if I've ever been in the Egyptian room, though I've seen numerous shows at the Murat.

Whatcha got? GA? I'm gonna try to be at the venue an hour or two early to get right up front
__________________
AtomicBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,284
Local Time: 04:04 AM
Re: Re: I assume you will be right up front

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

Whatcha got? GA? I'm gonna try to be at the venue an hour or two early to get right up front

Please say, "Hi!", to Matt for me!
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #102
Refugee
 
annie_vox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Where the wind calls my name
Posts: 1,492
Local Time: 12:04 PM
I was about fourth row when I saw them I love to be at the front... When I'm at the back I only can see the concert on the big screans and it's not as good...
I was never in the first row, that must be awsome, but I was on the second one at a Franz Ferdinand show. And wow!

Between, I con't stop listening to Song for Clay... I'm addicted...
__________________
annie_vox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,283
Local Time: 06:04 AM
Big Grin Re: Re: I assume you will be right up front

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
I dunno if I've ever been in the Egyptian room, though I've seen numerous shows at the Murat.

Whatcha got? GA? I'm gonna try to be at the venue an hour or two early to get right up front
IT's all GA. It is set up like a "show" at a H.S. cafeteria....they move out all of the tables and set up chairs (at least they did for Sufjan). Not an ideal set-up for a show. I am hoping they do not have the chairs knowing that Bloc Party is WAY more of a "get your ass out of your chair and dance" band compared to Sufjan.

I will hopefully not strangle any concert goers...the Indy crowds talk entirely too much at shows.
__________________
zoney! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Re: Re: Re: I assume you will be right up front

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!


IT's all GA. It is set up like a "show" at a H.S. cafeteria....they move out all of the tables and set up chairs (at least they did for Sufjan). Not an ideal set-up for a show. I am hoping they do not have the chairs knowing that Bloc Party is WAY more of a "get your ass out of your chair and dance" band compared to Sufjan.

I will hopefully not strangle any concert goers...the Indy crowds talk entirely too much at shows.
they sure do...wilco

welllll I'll try to get there as early as possible then...I'm missing a college class for this
__________________
AtomicBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #105
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 08:04 AM
Indie kids
__________________

__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bloc party

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com