Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:
:drool: Bloc Party b-sides are amazing

Anyone heard Secrets? :rockon: its kinda like Luno :drool:

Rhododendrons is really really good as well

I listened to some on YouTube yesterday (thanks Xavi :wink: ).

I really liked "Secrets" and "We Were Lovers" (?), I think that's what it was called.

Rhododendrons was ok and Vision of Heaven was ok too, but didn't blow my mind.

But Secrets and We Were Lovers :drool:

FitzChivalry said:

I listened to some on YouTube yesterday (thanks Xavi :wink: ).

I really liked "Secrets" and "We Were Lovers" (?), I think that's what it was called.

Rhododendrons was ok and Vision of Heaven was ok too, but didn't blow my mind.

But Secrets and We Were Lovers :drool:

vision of heaven>>>> you :madspit:

my goodness the chorus is gorgeous

"Cut the wires and the cables
That run under the sea
The walls are white, the rooms are cruel
In the house where I worry
These days I just want to be alone
These days I just want to be alone"

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Bloc Party have recorded a new song called 'Flux'.

If you're in the UK, you can hear it on Zane Lowe's Radio One show and if you're in the US you can watch the band play it live on Conan O'Brien. Both air tonight (4th October).

imo...bloc party win. a weekend in the city came out THIS year and we're already getting a new single? fucking awesome.

AtomicBono said:

imo...bloc party win. a weekend in the city came out THIS year and we're already getting a new single? fucking awesome.

wow :ohmy:

just listened to it

and I like

very electronic and one to dance to :dancing:

:ohmy: thanks :D

I think Im gonna wait until after Conan to, uh, innocently click on that link which will lead me to a blank page.

I am such an idiot

to download that link I posted use

s e n d s p a c e

and this song rocks :drool: :drool:

Last edited:
I saw Bloc Party last weekend in London,Ont. and it was awesome. I was in the fifth row from the stage but that fluctuated depending on which way the crowd was moshing. At one point I found myself touching the front railing and the next minute I was 10 rows deep.

For the second to last song, which was She's Hearing Voices, Kele walked onto the middle of the floor midway through the song and began singing. I was standing right next to him, with my hand on his shoulder, singing (with a half dozen other fans) along with him into the microphone. That was special.

BonoManiac said:

For . . . She's Hearing Voices, Kele walked onto the middle of the floor midway through the song and began singing. I was standing right next to him, with my hand on his shoulder, singing (with a half dozen other fans) along with him into the microphone. That was special.

:wink: :applaud: That's awesome!

I got to pat his back and shake his hand during the same song when I saw them back in June. It was really great. He's just so much fun in concert and always has a smile on his face. :D

Oh! The devil on my shoulder is starting to win out. I may have to go see them again on Saturday. :mac:

Thanks Xavi for the "Flux" link! :drool:

newww ablum nooz frum Blog Party:

Paste: Got any tricks up your sleeve for your new material?

MT: Tricks? I hope so. I think our new stuff is going to be a lot less textured than the last record. I think the third studio incarnation of Bloc is going to be a bit like the rawer earlier Bloc, but with experience.

:huh:

If he thinks "Flux" is less textured and rawer, I'd hate to hear what he thinks a layered, produced song sounds like! :lol:

"Flux" = Bloc Party = The Killers circa Hot Fuss

"Flux" :drool: :drool: :rockon:

FitzChivalry said:
Thanks Xavi for the "Flux" link! :drool:

:huh:

If he thinks "Flux" is less textured and rawer, I'd hate to hear what he thinks a layered, produced song sounds like! :lol:

"Flux" = Bloc Party = The Killers circa Hot Fuss

"Flux" :drool: :drool: :rockon:

flux = bloc party + kid A :wink:

FitzChivalry said:
I don't think Bloc are afraid of much.

A fraidy-cat band would've put out "Silent Alarm 2" . . . not A Weekend In The City.

exactly..and thats exciting A weekend was progression and I can't wait for LP3 :drool:

I'm just IM'ing with my friend about "Flux". I was saying I think AWITC could've used maybe 1 or 2 more fast songs like this one, or fast like "Like Eating Glass" or "Helicopter".

Not that I don't love "On", "Kruezberg" and "Sunday" . . . but the 2nd half does slow down quite a bit. "Flux" would've been perfect right after "Where Is Home?"

But, hey, they're young. They've got better albums ahead! :D

Just watched Conan...cool song, love seeing them :D

It's kinda in the vein of The Prayer with the electronic element...I dig it. then again I dig pretty much anything Bloc create.

I wonder when the new album will be...? I'm assuming this is just a one-off single since there's no word of an album ready yet.

AtomicBono said:
Just watched Conan...cool song, love seeing them :D

It's kinda in the vein of The Prayer with the electronic element...I dig it. then again I dig pretty much anything Bloc create.

I wonder when the new album will be...? I'm assuming this is just a one-off single since there's no word of an album ready yet.

that performance sucked

the sound was too low :down:

xaviMF22 said:

that performance sucked

the sound was too low :down:

I saw it and thought the same thing. I was hoping that wasn't typical of their sound (gotta admit I haven't heard, or knowingly heard, anything from them before :reject: ). It isn't, is it?

Their performance did catch my attention enough that I watched a couple of minutes of it so I think they have some potential to be interesting to me, but the sound issues were annoying enough it didn't hold my attention even until the end of the song. I tend to decide very quickly if I like a band/musician or not and I find myself almost interested. If the sound of this performance was not typical for them, I will certainly check out some more from them, but if it is typical I'll give them a pass.

indra said:

I saw it and thought the same thing. I was hoping that wasn't typical of their sound (gotta admit I haven't heard, or knowingly heard, anything from them before :reject: ). It isn't, is it?

Their performance did catch my attention enough that I watched a couple of minutes of it so I think they have some potential to be interesting to me, but the sound issues were annoying enough it didn't hold my attention even until the end of the song. I tend to decide very quickly if I like a band/musician or not and I find myself almost interested. If the sound of this performance was not typical for them, I will certainly check out some more from them, but if it is typical I'll give them a pass.

no I don't know what was wrong last night..but I assure you that was not them at their best

check out this performances

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uuGV5jy9VI4

I love the part at 2:47 :love: " I figured it out" :dancing:

and this one is very good as well...:D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CVHLoLSYZQU&mode=related&search=

This is a damn good band and I can't wait to see what they do next

Crap! Crap! Crap!

I waited too long! Now ticketmaster is saying tickets aren't available right now! Crap!

I just checked yesterday and tickets were still available. I had to wait until I got paid to purchase the tickets, our Internet at work has been down ALL day and it just came back up and I go to get my ticket and now it's saying they're not available right now, check back later!

Crap!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:hyper: :rockon:

Woooo Hoooo!

So I finally scored a ticket and I just got back (and out from a hot, hot much needed shower!) and again, Bloc Party did not disappoint!

They even played TWO MORE YEARS!!! I was so happy! :combust: The last time I saw them I screamed and screamed for them to play it and they didn't. But this time they came through! :D

Kele even joked, something about L.A. being really cool, but let's see how cool you really are. Let's see if you recognize these next two songs. And then they played "Two More Years" and "The Once And Future King". :drool:

They are just SO AMAZING live! Their set was a bit shorter than the 2 previous times I saw them, but that was because this was the Detour festival and set times were strict. In fact, toward the end they had to tell Kele to stop talking to the audience and hurry it up b/c they had to be off by 11:30.

I also think I'm getting a bit too old for mosh pits. I got right up front, only about 5 people back and I did last the entire time, but it took everything I had. In fact, I haven't been in a pit that severe since I took my 15 year-old sister to Warped Tour last year! I think that might've just been Fitz's last pit. I got kicked in the ear SO HARD by this tiny little crowd-surfing girl and my glasses went flying off my face. Luckily (who knew) my cat-like reflexes kicked in and I shot out with my right hand and grabbed them in mid-air. Owwwwwww! And she was so tiny! How could a tiny little girl like that hurt me soooo much. :lol:

Oh, yeah, and before they came on I got another smile from Matt! :D :D He came out to test his drumkit himself and no one recognized him except me, so I screamed at the top of my lungs, "MATT! YOU'RE FUCKING AWESOME!" And he looked up at me, just like in San Diego, smiled and waved his drumstick at me! *swoon*

It was also the best "Like Eating Glass" crowd I've been in. The audience just exploded, EXPLODED, when the first few strains filtered out and that pit just went off! I think I've only ever jumped that high at 2 U2 shows before. I was po-go-ing SO HIGH! God, I love that song! :drool: :drool:

Anyway, the set list as well as I can remember:

Song For Clay (Disappear Here)
Positive Tension
Hunting For Witches
Banquet
Waiting For The 7.18
Two More Years
The Once And Future King
This Modern Love
The Prayer
Uniform
So Here We Are
Like Eating Glass

-------Encore Break-------

Sunday
She's Hearing Voices
Helicopter

Last edited:
Sounds awesome, I'm so mad they didn't come to Boston this time around, and when they were in Providence I was at a Bob Dylan show, which was made OK by a decent setlist (plus his band is great) and Elvis Costello playing completely solo. They're probably the band I desire to see the most (that I haven't seen already). But I did get to see The National last night after missing them earlier this year and they were excellent, and I was right at the stage.

Back
Top Bottom