Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seemed so. Especially when Matt Tong didn't do the last part of their last tour. I'm still unsure wether he's still in the band.

I did some Twitter searching and apparently Moakes and Tong have left the band.

I thought they disbanded…..

frame170.jpg

I remember most of us (myself included) liking the last album, but I don't remember anything about at this point!

I think we all liked it but it's one of those albums that just doesn't stick. Happens to me with tons of albums every year.

We'll always have Silent Alarm :heart:

A Weekend in the City is still my favorite of theirs. I know I'm in the minority, and I like Silent Alarm a lot....but AWITC just feels more cohesive to me......

I like both quite a lot, but Weekend took me years to come around to for some reason. Took me a long time to get over judging it for what I'd wanted it to be, not what it was.

I saw them on their initial US tour!

I've heard every Bloc Party album and I think my Rushmore would be all Silent Alarm songs...

Zero.

The new album was written solely by Kele and Russell, and was recorded only by Kele, Russell, and various session drummers and bassists.

Matt and Gordy had absolutely nothing to do with any of the new album.

@Cobbler Yeah, to me it basically sounds just like Kele's solo stuff.

No I meant like how much input did they have on past Bloc Party records, because that song sucks and I'm wondering how crucial the gone members were to making them good.

Oh, sorry.

I think it was similar to how U2 does it: I think Kele came in with the basic strong structure, riff, melody, whatever, and then all 4 of them would finish writing the song together. I'm pretty sure Matt was in charge of his drum parts and Gordy was in charge of his bass parts/keyboards/etc.

But, from everything I've read or gleaned over the years, I felt like they said the albums were always a full band product by the 4 of them. Every one of their album to date have the writing credits listed as all songs written and composed by Bloc Party.

Last edited:
Man that song is shit.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

The new songs I heard live weren't bad. Based on reactions, though, I'm not ready to hear this new one, I don't think.

Back
Top Bottom