Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New video for 'Truth'. It's cute. I like it. Waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the last video they released (for 'Kettling').

http://youtu.be/p1CSMdDIRGg

Bloc Party will release their new single 'Truth' on the 25th of February, just before the band take the stage at their now sold out biggest headline UK show of their career - the 19,000 capacity Earl's Court.

The single will be a digital-only release featuring remixes by Jerome LOL, A Chat and IO Echo.

My God, I either have a horribly dirty mind, or it just seriously looks like every person in that video is masturbating furiously.

:lol: No, you're not alone. A lot of the comments I was reading yesterday said the same thing. One guy posted that the face at 3:36 is the best O-face ever! Hahaha

I can't check to see at the moment but if it's Kele I agree. He had a pretty fabulous o-face the entire video

A bit late but I really enjoyed the show. Nicely balanced setlist. Good performance all around. Enthusiastic crowd, during the older songs at least. I was hoping for Like Eating Glass instead of Positive Tension and I got it. Was also happy with Waiting for the 7.18. Flux was another highlight. The best moment however was Song for Clay + Banquet. I've seen them twice now and that's been the obvious highlight both times. Most of the new songs are great live. That riff in Coliseum is beastly.

One negative point are their setlist choices in the encore. They opened both encores with really slow songs. They played a new version of Signs (without glockenspiel and Kele didn't attempt the falsetto either) which wasn't very good to open the first encore. They opened the second encore with a new song. It was nice but extremely slow which killed the mood.

Fun. They definitely have a lot of energy on stage and they can rock hard. The bassist even headbutted a cymbal at one point. The sound wasn't very good and the crowd was largely disinterested. Both those things are to be expected of course, but still disappointing.

A drum tech has been filling in for Matt during the past few gigs... Let's hope he's just ill or something.

And the third song?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah, French people should exit!!!! hahahahayaiaqahajaeihajeio;ha;ahahahahahha1!!!111

jk, BoMac. JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The EP is kinda meh besides Ratchet. 'French Exit' is pretty good I guess. None of them needed to be on "Four".

I hope this isn't the last release we ever see from Bloc Party given the recent turmoil among the band members.

As HUGE of a fanboy as I am of this group, I feel, sadly, that the law of diminishing returns is kicking in. Everything after AWITC has been not quite as good as what came before.

I still think they are one of my favorite live acts ever. If they do eventually come back, I hope it is with something amazing, and not something not quite as good as "Four".

As HUGE of a fanboy as I am of this group, I feel, sadly, that the law of diminishing returns is kicking in. Everything after AWITC has been not quite as good as what came before.

Yeah I have to agree. Those first two LP's were so solid. The Killers have followed a similar trajectory. I'm liking each new release a little bit less.

I never got to see Bloc Party live. I hope they will continue on and tour again at some point.

The Killers have followed a similar trajectory. I'm liking each new release a little bit less.

For me, I like the odd numbered Killers albums. I LOVE the debut and I like "Day & Age" quite a bit. I cannot stand "Sam's Town"! And I don't like the latest one.

I love The Killers when they indulge in their New Wave tendencies. I absolutely hate The Killers when they try to be Bruce Springsteen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom