Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually didn't know there was a stream, so despite my sarcasm, I was quite happy about the notice.

It's a bit sad, but my Bloc Party Mt. Rushmore is entirely from the first half of Silent Alarm:

Like Eating Glass/Helicopter/Blue Light/This Modern Love

They really need to start listening to Gang of Four and Wire again.

I saw the new one is being tagged "stoner rock" and just about vomited everywhere. I still really like Octopus, so we'll see what happens. I'll hear it over the weekend, I'm sure.

So what you're saying is

it's not much like Biko on anaesthetics

:lol:

It's a bit sad, but my Bloc Party Mt. Rushmore is entirely from the first half of Silent Alarm:

Like Eating Glass/Helicopter/Blue Light/This Modern Love

It's not sad. You like what you like. Aside from maybe 'Hunting For Witches', they've never really sounded like "Silent Alarm" again. In fact, I think they change their sound from album to album, intentionally or unintentionally, I can't say. For me, I like change. I may not like everything about a new sound, but I don't like bands that stay sounding the same.

Lemon, if you enjoy 'Octopus', I think you'll find enjoyable stuff on the album. I know they're not one of your favorites, so I think you'll find at least half of it listenable.

Shit. Fuck it, I like this. I like it a lot. It's my favorite since Silent Alarm. Why? Top 5 reasons:

1. It's short
2. Bloc Party is a rock band and this ROCKS
3. Day Four
4. The nu-metal moments, while kind of bad, make me laugh. I don't know who told them this was the direction they should take, but I don't hate them for it
5. No horrible electroclash bullshit

7/10

Oh yeah, I somehow wrote this in the wrong thread this morning, and forgot to ever write it here.

I'm really happy I got to see Bloc Party when they were supporting Silent Alarm. That album blew me away at the time, and was really special. Sometimes it sorta bums me out to think about how incredibly excited I was about the band and what the future held for them, as nothing they've done since has had nearly the same impact for me (though I did end up liking Weekend quite a bit after I got over the initial "this is not even close to what I was hoping for" reaction).

Just an internet pet peeve of mine.

I know that you don't actually believe you're the only person who thinks AWITC is their best. It just kinda bugs me when people say shit like that.

"I must be the only person alive who still likes ___________!"

No, you're fucking not. There are 7 billion people on the planet. Someone else holds the same opinion.

Sorry. Bloc Party.

I really don't know which album I like best, Silent Alarm or Weekend in the City. I love them both.

I'm all about Weekend In The City, by far my favourite. Resonates quite wildly. I find SRXT quite uncomfortable to listen to sometimes.

Kreuzberg/Still Remember/Sunday is my favourite BP sequence.

And now it looks like its down again...I guess they only kept the full show up for 24 hours.

They played a few of the new songs, Octopus, Kettling, Real Talk, and Truth. Octopus was the only one I really liked. Helicopter and Positive Tension are pretty great live.

Back
Top Bottom