Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Octopus isn't good enough to make me forget about Mercury, but I like it. The guitar is closer to that Helicoper-type shit I've been wanting. :up:

Man, I am just not feeling this song :slant:. I suspect that will change once I hear the whole album, but I'm definitely glad that every one else is excited.

really REALLY don't like this song. and I'm sad to say it isn't even growing on me either...:huh: just sounds like a really lame Silent Alarm cast off with that guitar part, doesn't go anywhere aand that video just annoyed me. it reminds me of when my computer monitor suddenly loses contact with the computer and flashes block colours instead. :angry:

gutted really, I love this band! I'm sure there'll be much better tracks on the album.

I don't mind if it's a b-side or something, but having a remix 2 days after the song hit the internet seems a bit much. Plus, 99 out of 100 rock remixes are horrible. :wink:

u2popmofo said:
I don't mind if it's a b-side or something, but having a remix 2 days after the song hit the internet seems a bit much. Plus, 99 out of 100 rock remixes are horrible. :wink:

Do you know how long it takes to throw together a shitty remix like that? I'm surprised it wasn't up within the hour.

MARY ANNA!

SAID IT'S A NO-GO!

She don't feel like, she don't think so

I DON'T... KNOW WHY...I FEEL SO TONGUE TIED!!!

1. They did play 'Positive Tension'.

2. They were good and a couple of the new songs sounded great. Matt fucking DESTROYED his kit on 'Team A'! :rockon:

3. Sadly, they were playing at a techno/EDM festival, 18 and over, and they just could not win over the the crowd. They stuck out on the bill like a [insert your favorite cliche here]. They tried. They gave it their best. But those kids were just waiting for Boys Noize to come on. They could've cared less about Bloc Party, and by the end of their set, you could tell it had taken it's toll on them. Kele looked dejected and sullen. Actually, they all did. And it looked like they were struggling just to get through the last couple songs. I felt bad for them. They tried, but that crowd was just not having them at all.

Well, I'm pleased to inform you that the Lolla crowd treated them right. And I will admit that I cried during This Modern Love. Definitely going down as one of my favorite sets ever.

Whatever that new song with lyrics about the PoPo was? I'm cool with it.

Their set at Osheaga in Montreal killed, probably my second favourite of the entire festival. The band looked great, and Kele seemed relaxed, which surprised me because this was their third festival in three days in three different time zones.

The band fed off the crowd, which was big, loud, boisterous, with some people going absolutely crazy. At one point Kele stopped what he was doing and said "Wow, you guys are fucking wild!"

Their set at Osheaga in Montreal killed, probably my second favourite of the entire festival. The band looked great, and Kele seemed relaxed, which surprised me because this was their third festival in three days in three different time zones.

The band fed off the crowd, which was big, loud, boisterous, with some people going absolutely crazy. At one point Kele stopped what he was doing and said "Wow, you guys are fucking wild!"

This makes me happy.

Back
Top Bottom