Bloc Party - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2008, 05:12 PM   #256
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Fair enough, I can agree to that. I think I've just listened to the Silent Alarm Remixed album enough that it doesn't seem all that shocking to hear their work done as dance music. Or something. And stuff.
Which is fine, but within an actual song? I don't dislike it, but whoa haha. So are we getting an album this year if this is out in August, or is it one-off? I'm certainly waiting for a new album as they're my favorite band this decade, but I think I'll take it one off to avoid an album like this haha.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #257
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Mercury is pretty cool. I prefer Flux, which is more "electronic dancey", but the electronic nature of both songs seems to suggest that they are one-off departures from the Bloc Party sound, as opposed to properly established new musical directions that will be utilised for their next album.. Mind you I initially found, and still find The Prayer to be kind of on it's own in relation to the other songs on Weekend In The City.

Who knows, let's wait and see what happens.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #258
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Mercury is pretty cool. I prefer Flux, which is more "electronic dancey", but the electronic nature of both songs seems to suggest that they are one-off departures from the Bloc Party sound, as opposed to properly established new musical directions that will be utilised for their next album.. Mind you I initially found, and still find The Prayer to be kind of on it's own in relation to the other songs on Weekend In The City.

Who knows, let's wait and see what happens.
That's a good point, and this stuff kinda sounds like The Prayer more than anything (or maybe She's Hearing Voices). Really despite being "weird" it's a somewhat natural progression from A Weekend in the City which had a bit of a more electronic sound with The Prayer, On, Where is Home and in general more going on production wise as opposed to the rather bare bones approach of Silent Alarm.

I guess we'll have to see what the album is like... I agree that it probably won't be on the album if they're not even done recording it yet. But I like that I constantly get new Bloc material
Old 07-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #259
ONE
love, blood, life

I've done some searching and it seems more people involved are saying this year than not for a new album, so if they're releasing an album by the end of 2008, doesn't it seem unlikely they'd release a single that's not connected in August? Of course then again nothing in the music business can be predicted based on what seemed "normal" these days.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:29 AM   #260
ONE
love, blood, life

august is also a little early if the album isn't out til, say, december...

but yeah, who knows

very strange
Old 07-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
I've done some searching and it seems more people involved are saying this year than not for a new album, so if they're releasing an album by the end of 2008 . . . .
Well, in the quote I posted, Kele said they were still writing and working on it.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I'm just wondering how long it takes to put out a finished product if the band are still writing it. There's still the recording and mixing and artwork and album/lyric layout and cd production. Doesn't all that stuff take a long time?

Especially if they're on tour through the end of September (which they are).

Old 07-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #262
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
Well, in the quote I posted, Kele said they were still writing and working on it.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I'm just wondering how long it takes to put out a finished product if the band are still writing it. There's still the recording and mixing and artwork and album/lyric layout and cd production. Doesn't all that stuff take a long time?

Especially if they're on tour through the end of September (which they are).

I'm going by comments he made during the online chat after they released Mercury. I don't want it rushed but I wouldn't mind new material this year.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I FREAKIN' LOOOOOOOOOVE THIS BAND!!!!

Saw them for the 4th time last night and they were just as AMAZING as always; they never disappoint, they alway put on a mind-blowingly awesome show!

I didn't write the set down, but as far as I can remember:

Hunting For Witches
Like Eating Glass
Waiting For The 7.18
The Price Of Gas
So Here We Are
Song For Clay (Disappear Here)
Uniform
Mercury
This Modern Love (a "friend" of theirs, i think kele might've been joking about this, and his girlfriend came out on stage and the guy proposed to the girl onstage. it was all very quick and kind of strange, but the girl said "yes", so i guess that's all that matters)
The Prayer
I Would Die 4 U--Flux
Banquet

-------Encore Break--------

Sunday
She's Hearing Voices
Helicopter

(P.S. I could tell Matt has lost weight and it looks like he has teeny-tiny arm muscles budding. heeeeee heeeeee )
Old 07-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier

I'll be seeing them at Lolla in two days....will be my first time seeing them in person. Cannot wait!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^ You will have an awesome time!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #266
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I'll be seeing them at Lolla
me too I will be up front hopefully, camped up at AT&T stage all day

Fitz I'm glad you had a good time. I love seeing Bloc! it'll be the third time for me. How was Mercury live?

also was Gordy missing at your show? I got an email saying he was replaced by someone temporarily since he had a kid
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #267
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicBono View Post
me too I will be up front hopefully, camped up at AT&T stage all day

Fitz I'm glad you had a good time. I love seeing Bloc! it'll be the third time for me. How was Mercury live?

also was Gordy missing at your show? I got an email saying he was replaced by someone temporarily since he had a kid
Mercury live was really cool! They did this awesome light-show during it (though we were indoors and so had the cool stage-smoke effect), and I just thought it worked really well live.

Yeah, I don't think Gordy will be there until the European leg. But his substitute bassist, Daniel, is really HOT! Cute, blonde, buff with tattoos on his arms. But more to the point, Daniel didn't miss a beat; he was spot on the whole show and didn't mess up once, so that was really cool. The whole band worked well together and just put on a great, great show; unless you're a big Gordy fan, if you didn't already know he was not there, you probably wouldn't even have noticed the difference (though, to be fair, IMO it's not really Bloc Party without Gordy ).

Also, this time moreso than the other times I've seen them, I noticed a lot of electronic-y background, synth support and it worked just great. It really fleshed out the songs and made them fuller without detracting from the main 4 bass, drum, guitar, vocal elements. I thought the background support just made the songs "pop" even more.

Soooo good.

I get to see them once more when I'm in New York next week (the 7th at Webster Hall) and then I'll have to wait for my Bloc fix for a while.

All you going to Lolla, have a GREAT TIME!!! I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life

Gordy's adorable, but I'm glad to hear the sub bassist is hot too...one needs to know these things

also glad to hear mercury is good live. it's a cool song and has grown on me a lot, but I didn't know if it'd work live.

Enjoy them in New York! I will be rockin' at Lolla.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 AM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

the thing about bloc party is, arctic monkeys >>> bloc party
Old 07-31-2008, 05:46 AM   #270
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by discothequeLP View Post
the thing about bloc party is, arctic monkeys >>> bloc party