Bloc Party - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Old 10-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

Matt is fucking hilarious

And HOT!


That was really hilarious!

And he wasn't kidding about Russell! He didn't talk at ALL during last night's set, and he kind-of, sort-of cracked a smile once when Kele, Gordon and himself went off-key during "Sunday"?, I think it was. They were all playing in different keys, and Russell sort of smiled, while Kele, Matt and Gordon were flat out smiling wide!

I LOVE BLOC PARTY!!!
__________________

__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #183
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 04:58 AM


Quote:
- Kele Okereke: hater of liberals, advocate of nice hair and DAMN SEXY.



http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Bloc_Party
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #184
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 04:58 AM
I still say plans is one the best songs the have ever done

Quote:
Wake up dreamer
It's happening without you
Cut your hair and shave your beard
You squandered your chances
I'll give you a thousand pounds
To show me how you do it
Stop being so laissez-faire
We're all scared of the future


__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #185
ONE
love, blood, life
 
AtomicBono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 10,486
Local Time: 02:58 AM


Quote:
Bloc Party were the first band other than Arctic Monkeys to appear on the cover of NME. However, the interview was centred around how much the Arctic Monkeys mean to them. "Alex is my favourite", Kele "I like apples" Okereke said, in a manner not dissimilar to Gary Glitter.

"Fluxed - A song about sex with robots"



and yes that video is hilarious...Matt "Here's a table, it's round! And this used glow-in-the dark bracelet, also round."

glad you had another good show Fitz! They played Two More Years the first time I saw them but I'm jealous that you saw The Once and Future King...awesome, awesome.

the song Flux goes well with Map of the Problematique by Muse...I love that sort of electronic dance rock I hope this isn't completely indicative of their sound for the next album though, because a whole album of that would probably get boring. and I don't know if Bloc Party could pull off a Kid A
__________________
AtomicBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #186
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Is it me or is Kele (pronounced "Kelly", I guess. I thought it was "Key - Lee", but anyways) is Kele not the best singer live?

I love the guy to death, but . . . listening to some YouTube performances of them in concert, his voice is very thin and often a bit off-key.

If you're not a great singer live, can that improve? I know nothing about singing. Can your voice get better live with practice?

I thought he sounded pretty good on Saturday, but then I just saw a clip of "Sunday" from that night, and his (and Matt's) singing wasn't very good.




Any thoughts?
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
Is it me or is Kele (pronounced "Kelly", I guess. I thought it was "Key - Lee", but anyways) is Kele not the best singer live?

I love the guy to death, but . . . listening to some YouTube performances of them in concert, his voice is very thin and often a bit off-key.

If you're not a great singer live, can that improve? I know nothing about singing. Can your voice get better live with practice?

I thought he sounded pretty good on Saturday, but then I just saw a clip of "Sunday" from that night, and his (and Matt's) singing wasn't very good.




Any thoughts?
he reminds me a lot of Thom

Thom can be a very crappy singer live..I mean its just that he doesn't care about staying in tune or anything.

But kele does seem to enjoy playing live
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 01:58 AM
But that's Thom's whole "thing" kind of . . . . fake falsetto and not caring. It's more about the emotion with him than hitting the right notes.

I don't think it's the same with Kele. Oh well, hopefully he can improve . . . . sound more like he does on the records.

Either way I still love him live. He's so passionate and you can tell he has such a great time.
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #189
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
But that's Thom's whole "thing" kind of . . . . fake falsetto and not caring. It's more about the emotion with him than hitting the right notes.

I don't think it's the same with Kele. Oh well, hopefully he can improve . . . . sound more like he does on the records.

Either way I still love him live. He's so passionate and you can tell he has such a great time.
I think its the same with Kele
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #190
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 01:58 AM
What I meant (and didn't state very well or clearly) is that I don't think Thom cares about hitting the right notes, whereas, I think Kele is trying to hit the right notes and missing.

But, whatever, I love them, that's all that matters.

Hell, Bono's voice definitely improved and got stronger over the years. Here's hoping Kele will follow.
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #191
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
What I meant (and didn't state very well or clearly) is that I don't think Thom cares about hitting the right notes, whereas, I think Kele is trying to hit the right notes and missing.

But, whatever, I love them, that's all that matters.

Hell, Bono's voice definitely improved and got stronger over the years. Here's hoping Kele will follow.
I don't think he is...Kele is a great singer..but he can't sing all that well live
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #192
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. It hasn't slowed them down any or impeded their success.

I think they've been doing fairly well in the States, and I think they're massive in the U.K.

I'm pinning my hopes for U2/Radiohead successors on them and Arcade Fire.

I hope they make it.
__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #193
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FitzChivalry
Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. It hasn't slowed them down any or impeded their success.

I think they've been doing fairly well in the States, and I think they're massive in the U.K.

I'm pinning my hopes for U2/Radiohead successors on them and Arcade Fire.

I hope they make it.
I think they will

they are worthy successors to RH..

I don't think they have the ambition to be as big as U2 though
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #194
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Arcade Fire? They're not at all in the same vein.
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:19 AM   #195
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
FitzChivalry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Posts: 6,300
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24
Arcade Fire? They're not at all in the same vein.
That could change. Give them an album or two.

__________________

__________________
FitzChivalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bloc party

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com