Bloc Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When are they going to tour in the US, they've done all this constant touring lately, but never come to Boston in the past few years, they were in freaking Providence in fall 2007, but I was at a Bob Dylan concert that night.

When are they going to tour in the US, they've done all this constant touring lately, but never come to Boston in the past few years, they were in freaking Providence in fall 2007, but I was at a Bob Dylan concert that night.

They haven't come here (Utah) since their initial US tour for Silent Alarm.

I missed them, and not by much :(

Why'd you have to get so hysterical
Why'd you have to get so fucking useless

:rockon:

I missed them, and not by much :(

Why'd you have to get so fucking useless

:rockon:

I just mentally went through the entire instrumental part that comes immediately after that in my mind.

I just heard the acoustic version of "Signs" and "Talons", when I read the word acoustic next to a song like "Talons" I was majorly confused, its such an audacious idea, but its pretty cool.

Was it God Bless, Bloc Party? If so, that's not really the best.

TRUST ME, after touring almost constantly for about 5 years, they have become stellar live! :yes: Like I said, not every show is going to be pure magic (I find the festival and multi-billed shows to be not quite as good as when it's just their own concert), but when they are on, they blow the roof off! :rockon: And they're more often on than not; of the 7 times I've seen them, I'd say they were only not good once.

I'm sure and I hope that they would be enjoyable....

It was called Bloc Party Live At Heaven 14/12/04. Was a bonus DVD with my copy of Silent Alarm.

I can imagine songs from AWITC and Intimacy having greater potential live than some of the Silent Alarm tunes.....

I've been checking out some of "Live and Intimate" on YouTube, its excellent. We need a tour DVD from 2007, but with Intimacy and this tour we won't see one, maybe for the Intimacy touring circuit we'll get something. We who they refuse to bestow their greatness on need at least that.

Totally, they're mad I chose to stay in my own town and watch Bob Dylan & Elvis Costello, rather than drive to Providence to see them (I probably would have, but I already had tickets when I found out).

I'm still trying to forgive myself for not knowing them when my friends went to see them in Boston back in 2006. :sad:

I just mentally went through the entire instrumental part that comes immediately after that in my mind.

:rockon: I can actually do this now as well!!! :drool: When I was bored on a family trip I was singing it and then playing the instrumental part mentally. Perfect example of a song that just gets better and better. Even when you think it can't, or you think it's over, it does.

:drool: So awesome when they do this live and the ENTIRE crowd shouts that last line and then the pit goes off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :hyper: :rockon:

*youtubes...*

:faint: Man I can't wait till they come hear again

Back again... :wink:

It's insane how much I'm digging this album. Now loving Banquet, The Pioneers, Here We Are (was this a single, it sounds like it could have been) and Compliments.

^ I hate to say "we told you so", but . . .

WE TOLD YOU SO!

:wink:

(Now, COBL, it's time to move on to A Weekend In The City for a completely different kind of mind-blowingly awesome Bloc Party experience. :yes: :drool:
'Waiting For The 7.18' makes me cry, it's that good! :sad: )

Either that or move on to being disappointed by everything else they've done since Silent Alarm..... :reject:

Only if you're being a childish indie kid that doesn't like progression, and maturation in their favorite "one-album wonder". :wink: They'd be damned by the indie masses if they didn't deliver Silent Alarm 2, but if they did they'd cry that BP don't change. AWITC is more polished sure, but its a true coherent album, that takes their sound and matches it with some excellent production and their most interesting themes and lyrics thus far in their career.

Only if you're being a childish indie kid that doesn't like progression, and maturation in their favorite "one-album wonder". :wink: They'd be damned by the indie masses if they didn't deliver Silent Alarm 2, but if they did they'd cry that BP don't change. AWITC is more polished sure, but its a true coherent album, that takes their sound and matches it with some excellent production and their most interesting themes and lyrics thus far in their career.

Spot On.

So Here We Are was a single, a bloody good one at that and the one that convinced me to give Silent Alarm a spin. Nice video too.

I love that song, its not one that jumps out immediately, but its one of my enduring favorites from SA.

^ I hate to say "we told you so", but . . .

WE TOLD YOU SO!

(Now, COBL, it's time to move on to A Weekend In The City for a completely different kind of mind-blowingly awesome Bloc Party experience. :yes: :drool:
'Waiting For The 7.18' makes me cry, it's that good! :sad: )

Once I have my car, and I can start spending money again, it'll be the first album I get :up:

I love that song, its not one that jumps out immediately, but its one of my enduring favorites from SA.

Yeah, it didn't jump out at me at all, but now I'm really digging it. Listened to Compliments like 10 times in two days.

We sit and we sigh
And nothing gets done
So right, so clued-up
We just get old
And all the while
Being torn assunder
Nicotine and bacteria

i like the fact that they are experimenting...but honestly the sound was the best on first album. not saying that the new songs are bad, but i somehow prefer them live than recorded. :sad:

Note! This message is for those who the Silent Alarm Remixed album. I am desperately seeking a copy of 'Helicopter' from that album. Why, you may ask? Because last night, while I was at Mynt (a local "night club") they played Helicopter. I knew it was a remix, and I want to relive the moment. I was going off my tits, I was that into it. Shame no one else had even heard it before, let alone know what it was. So I would have looked like a right idiot, but I was smashed, and, who cares?

OK, somehow I didn't know they were playing the new HOB in Boston until like last week. I'm on their email list, and I have you guys, plus I've been waiting for years. Luckily though I found someone to sell me a ticket for a decent price, phew. :hyper:

BLOC PARTY / NEWSLETTER

INTIMACY REMIXED

We’re very excited to announce that on the 11th of May we will be releasing ‘Intimacy Remixed’ on limited edition CD or triple 12”. It will also be available digitally.

The album will include remixes by Gold Panda, Mogwai and Filthy Dukes and will lead off with a remix of ‘Signs’ by Armand Van Helden which will be released on the 27th of April.

The full tracklisting is:
1. Ares – Villains remix
2. Mercury – Herve is in Disarray remix
3. Halo – We Have Band Dub
4. Biko – Mogwai remix
5. Trojan Horse – John B remix
6. Signs – Armand Van Helden remix
7. One Month Off – Filthy Dukes remix
8. Zephyrus – Phase One remix
9. Talons – Phones RIP remix
10. Better Than Heaven – No Age remix
11. Ion Square – Banjo or Freakout remix
12. Letter To My Son – Gold Panda remix
13. Your Visits are Getting Shorter – Double D remix.

The video for ‘Signs’ (Armand Van Helden remix) is available to view on the band’s official site and YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom