Blaqk Audio - Bright Black Heaven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I figured I might as well start a thread for this on its own, there are at least a handful of us out there interested :).

Anyways, the new album is finally out. It's still available to stream here:

BUZZNET Exclusive: Stream BLAQK AUDIO's New Album 'BRIGHT BLACK HEAVEN' on We've Got You Covered's Blog

Or you can purchase it here:

Blaqk Audio | Bright Black Heaven Presale

With some really reasonably priced bundles available.

Lead single:

BLAQK AUDIO - Faith Healer (OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEO) - YouTube

And ooooollllllddddd lead single:

Blaqk Audio - "Ill Lit Ships" [HQ] - YouTube

In case you weren't aware, Blaqk Audio is a sorta industrial dance/synthy duo comprised of Jade and Davey from AFI. So, yeah, AFI side project that kind of sounds super-inspired by industrial Depeche Mode.

And from there last album, two songs I love:

Blaqk Audio - Cities of Night - YouTube

Blaqk Audio - Bitter for Sweet - YouTube

I got it for $9.99 at Best Buy. They had a decent number of copies too, so it hopefully shouldn't be too tough to find in stores.

Have only listened to the first 5 songs so far, but I think it's safe to say I already like it quite a bit more than the first one.

I enjoyed it a lot (still haven't heard it on headphones or in one sitting), but it seemed to be lacking some of the standouts of the last album, but was overall cohesive and did its job well.

I disgust myself sometimes. I'm only just now getting around to hearing this album for a second time. Really loving the first three tracks so far. I remember them too, that's always good news.

Great, great album. Like I said before, it's lacking the stand-out tracks of the first album, but the quality is high throughout. Higher than the first, I do believe.

I need to listen again for track titles, but it's safe to say these guys are in my book for great side projects.

Sheesh, I've listened to this one quite a bit actually. Or did when it first came out at least. Had I not slacked off from the gym throughout the entire month of October, I'd probably have heard it even more.

If Erasure ever made an album this dark, I would fear for all of the happiness in the world.

:up: I like it considerably more than the first one. Not really sure why, but I do.

I have not heard the first one. The only electronic-sounding Davey havoc-related side project I recall being aware of was that thing that was on that punk o Rama compilation a while ago. And I can't remember liking that much.

The thing that makes me sad about Blaqk Audio, is that AFI turned to absolute shit after they formed.

It was like, after Decemberunderground came out, everyone was like, "that was way too synthy," so Davey and Jade make a dance album. When suddenly! AFI turns into an almost flat acoustic rock band.

Maybe I'm not remembering Crash Love exactly right, but I remember it was dull. Like Blaqk Audio sapped the band of all creativity.

All the AFI threads are locked, so Wtf, just thought I'd share this email I got...

AFIunicode.jpg

The missing letters spell out "I Hope You Suffer"

"I Hope You Suffer" was just posted to AFI's Facebook page.

Sounds like they're going back to something darker after the shine and glitz of Crash Love. And I'm fine with it.

I Hope You Suffer (Soundcloud)

Maybe we need a new AFI thread?

Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and start one now, since it looks like there's about 4 of us who might care :lol:

Back
Top Bottom