Black Rebel Motorcycle Club anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4142634201_172d59fca4.jpg

I was listening to the radio on the way to work a few days ago and they said they were going to play a new song. I unfortunately got out of my car before they played it. Has a single been released already?

I was listening to the radio on the way to work a few days ago and they said they were going to play a new song. I unfortunately got out of my car before they played it. Has a single been released already?
It's been available to stream since January 25th. You can listen to it on the front page of the official website, or it's also just been released on iTunes.

Only listened to it once, but I think the song just might kick ass. Love when the heavy guitar and drums kick in midway through.

will check it out :up:

hey mofo, have you checked out the new ak3 yet? i'm waiting for you to do so first. well, that, and my car shit itself a couple weeks ago and i couldn't get to the record store...

I haven't, also didn't end up going to the Cursive / Alkaline Trio show either.

My copy of the new BRMC has already shipped and is on the way to my place. :cool:

Looks like you can listen to the album right now on their MySpace. I'm totally going to do that. This is exciting. I'll be back like Schwarzenegger with my impressions.

I've given it one spin. I think it's a safe bet that you'll enjoy it if you're a big fan. It'll probably be somewhat like Take Them On On Your Own though, where many who aren't uber-fans will find it disappointing.

I like it, and I'm not disappointed personally, but it's probably one of their less memorable releases. Certainly didn't wow me like BRMC, Howl, and Baby 81 did on the first spin.

Yeah, I wasn't particularly taken with it on first listen. But that's all I've given it, and I hate to make judgments based on just one go around, so I'll have to listen again sometime in the near future. There were definitely a couple of standout tracks, though.

I haven't, also didn't end up going to the Cursive / Alkaline Trio show either.

My copy of the new BRMC has already shipped and is on the way to my place. :cool:

i missed that show, too. i'd say it was because of my car dying (which definitely sucked), but i don't think i would have felt like dealing with the crowd full of small, irritating emo children.

Yeah, I just wasn't in the mood to stand around waiting for a show that day. The younger me would kick my ass for saying such a thing, but it's true.

Been listening all day; I could NOT get into Take Them On Your Own; this album is just as good if not better than Baby 81 which I loved. Howl to me was an American Recordings-type instant classic. Devil's Tattoo is definitely an 8/10 on Day 1. Great great stuff.

Yeah, I just wasn't in the mood to stand around waiting for a show that day. The younger me would kick my ass for saying such a thing, but it's true.

the last year or so i've skipped a bunch of things just cos i wasn't in the mood to go out that night. stuff that i would have rearranged all kinds of work/school/whatever around to get to 5 years ago.

i was pretty bummed out that boston got a foot and a half of snow shit on itself the weekend i was forced to miss the street dogs shows (especially sucked because we got maybe 2 inches out here), but nowhere near as pissed as i've been in the past.

getting old is weird.

Howl was the album that got me into them, but I just picked up BRMC and Baby 81, favorite tracks so far are "Salvation", "White Palms", "Shuffle Your Feet", "Complicated Situation" and "Weapon of Choice"... beside the obvious "Love Burns", "Red Eyes and Tears" and "Berlin"

:up:

Looking forward to going out and getting the new album as well.

Well, you have the best three albums already it appears. Also, every song you named rules. Well done, powerhour. :up:

Never bought it. People seemed a bit indifferent to it, so I didn't pick it or the live album up.

Back
Top Bottom