Black Rebel Motorcycle Club anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed, Howl was an amazing comeback after the sophomore slump of Take Them On.

I still listen to this song more than anything else they've done. Because of that 89.3 The Current vid Got Edge posted elsewhere this past week, I found this video. He plays the guitar part a little differently than normal in the intro, and there's some new stuff added at the end:
More like Got Awesome :cocktail:

Howl and Baby 81 annihilate Take Them On, you should get the other two.
Take Them On shouldn't even count :beer:

Howl and Baby 81 annihilate Take Them On, you should get the other two.

Agreed, Howl was an amazing comeback after the sophomore slump of Take Them On.

Take Them On shouldn't even count :beer:

Where's the love for Take Them On? Damn.

Stop, Six-Barrel Shotgun, We're All In Love, And I'm Aching, U.S. Government, Suddenly, Heart + Soul.

An undeniably badass album.

You guys can Go Fuck Yourselves, On Your Own. :D

Baby 81 is really great. One of my favorite and most listened to albums of '07.

Stop, Six-Barrel Shotgun, We're All In Love, And I'm Aching, U.S. Government, Suddenly, Heart + Soul.

It's got a few good songs, but I think it's universally regarded as their worst.

I've always been a fan of the second album and I've never quite understood why people hate it so much.

I didn't really like "Take them on . . ." either. It sounds like the record company just wanted an album of radio hits and the band didn't want to go there. There's a few good tracks on there though.

Take Them On Your Own didn't gel with me either. I love Stop though. It's their In Utero......easier to admire than to love. Dirge-like

After listening to the Take Them On b-sides, I like them as much as anything on the album (which I can't say of the American X EP or the Howl b-sides).

...they put out a label-free instrumental album on November 1st.

It's called The Effects of 333.

Just went to the website, it's only $6. I'll be downloading this tonight, you're a champion for the heads up, Tourista.

They also say, "There's a DVD on the way". :ohmy:

It's completely instrumental? No vocals at all?

That's a little bit lame but at least they're giving their fans something. I'll probably try and give this a listen at some point this week.

It's completely instrumental? No vocals at all?

That's a little bit lame but at least they're giving their fans something. I'll probably try and give this a listen at some point this week.

You'll hate it. It's like extreme Passengers meets Kid A, and subtract all vocals.

Back
Top Bottom