Black Hippy crew - Kendrick, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bass on 1 is out of this world. THAT TONE.

The transition from 4 to 5 my fucking goodness

5 is one of the best songs I've ever heard

I've given you a ton of shit over the years for kneejerk hyperbolic bullshit reactions based on one listen just to be the first to register an opinion.

But yeah. You're right. You're absolutely right.

longform-original-22214-1422911594-3.jpg

I've given you a ton of shit over the years for kneejerk hyperbolic bullshit reactions based on one listen just to be the first to register an opinion.

But yeah. You're right. You're absolutely right.

The heart wants what it wants. That first listen had me reaching for a cigarette. Good GOD.

8 is a blast, reminds me of early Prince. It's more synth-funk in this incarnation.

well I guess people telling me that rap music is all shit must be pretty closed-minded or as intelligent as Donald Drumpf

I didn't expect a new Kendrick album till at least next year, or to ever hear either untitled song again.

I need to smoke a joint, I feel like I just got laid.

Best thing he's ever done. My goodness. An absolute master class. Damn near perfect. Can't form full sentences.

The best part is how together it feels. The reprise of 4 late in 7, the transitions, the PIMP PIMP HURRAY chants, it's only 35 minutes but sounds more complete than most albums.

This is definitely closer to Amnesiac than a collection of leftovers.

Last edited:
If this gets a great reception, Kanye's going to be smarting a little; he's going to look like a fickle diva with his album release strategy this time around compared to what Kendrick's done here. And the "no cover" for Yeezus just got one-upped by an album with no name and no track names. Pretty ballsy.

This isn't on Google Play it seems. I really need to hear it as quickly as possible.

Kendrick has overtaken Radiohead as the artist I'm the most excited about with regards to new releases.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Track 5 is really good. I'm going to give the album a proper listen tonight as I enjoy a gentleman's drink.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom