Black Hippy crew - Kendrick, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oh my God it's amazing, it sounds like i and These Walls.

Incredible that Untitled 1 and 2 are better than a good chunk of TPAB and most songs by other rappers, though they'll never see the light of day beyond these performances.

Last edited:
Untitled 1 > Untitled 2. But it's still pretty damn good. It would be a shame if he doesn't do anything with those tracks.

Having heard it now 4 times I think it's really good, but Untitled 1 was way better IMO, and I wouldn't say it's better than anything on TPAB. Even still, the fact that he can create a song of this caliber just for a promo TV appearance says a lot.

Untitled 2 is actually three different songs:

First song: Funkadelic ft. Kendrick Lamar - Ain't That Funkin' Kinda Hard On You? (skip to 1:55 - or don't, it's not a bad funk tune)

Second song: Blue Faces (skip to 0:40)

Kendrick setlist:
EoEQMkT.jpg

Third song: Unknown title (skip to 3:00)

He rapped some of a Section.80 track at my show, but I can't remember which one it was now. I think it was ADHD.

I'm lucky to have seen him perform a Section.80 show way back in 2012, but I don't miss those songs all that much now. It's the weakest of the three albums, though still undeniably great.

I gave a listen to Section.80 this morning, and all I can say is the leap from that to Good Kid is almost unbelievable.

That link is on RYM, KTT, it's floating around. Strangely, it's not showing up on the desktop app yet, but it will soon. Spotify updates in a matter of hours.

Some are interpreting the dates to suggest that the EP was recorded live, perhaps at soundchecks.

The obvious link to make is that it relates to his untitled songs he's been doing live, but I just dunno... looks like a set of outtakes from round the gkmc era.

I got bored and checked the dates and they don't match up with anything on setlist.fm. Wild guess: Kendrick booked studio time between gigs and this EP is the result.

Some actual proof that this drops tomorrow:

O4HkBmW.jpg

Honestly, if this is all TV performance material and the five tracks we haven't heard are on par with the three we have, this could be AOTY level shit. A surprise EP of outtakes on Spotify could be the best thing we hear in 2016. Just proves how good the dude is.

I also need this to drop A$AP so I can bump it on my 7AM flight and krump Southwest Airlines into oblivion.

Last edited:
It's on iTunes, at least in America. Spotify hasn't updated yet.

I've heard people say that both untitled tracks from the television performances are on there, but I can't confirm this yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom