Black Hippy crew - Kendrick, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being reminded of nearly anything with this album is pretty forgivable. It has a LOT of influence.

This has been an absolutely wonderful first listen. Production is pure class, fine wine.

Now I need to spend time with the lyrics.

I didn't care overly much for the single, so I'm ecstatic.

And that ending. Lordie. This is too much.

I think maybe a track or two too long, I was getting a little drained on the sound for a bit, sometimes there can be too much of a good thing.

Regardless. First spin completely initial reaction, 9/10.

Tbh, I don't think I've heard GKMC more than twice. I'm listening to it now. It's not nearly as bad as I remember. Still some of the same complaints about Backseat Freestyle, but atm, everything else is pretty goat.

good kid m.A.A.d city is brilliant from just about back to front (and Section.80 is also really great). It will be interesting to see where this ends up compared with it.

GKMC is one of a handful of true 5 star records released this decade. The only thing To Pimp a Butterfly has going against it is Kendrick's own discography.

I have the EXACT same problem with the album that I had then, I'm finding. The beats are some of the best I've ever heard, but I just can't stand his voice too often.

One big change, though, between now and then, I don't care as much about the lyrics as I did then. I really did hate them before. Getting more out of the story.

Oh shit. I only just found about this. I've wasted a whole hour listening to some stupid techno album instead of this. Starting now.

Is that really Kendrick on U? What has he done with his voice?

God damn, another ad. I hope it's on Google Play soon.

what's the word for when you have a favourite song on the album but then the next song becomes your new favourite song 16 times in a row
Haha I recognise this. Hood Politics is my new favorite I think.

So I just finished my first listen. It's such an ambitious album. I like it already but I'm sure I'll like it even more with repeated listens. There's a lot to process.

Second listen through. Gonna be a while before I get a sense of the lyrics/story yet, kinda hoping the physical release will have lyrics. But yeah, I love it. It probably is too long, and there are moments where tracks sort of bleed together, but even when that happens it sounds so damn good that it really doesn't matter. King Kunta, These Walls, How Much a Dollar Cost and The Blacker the Berry are my favourite songs so far. And Mortal Man is great as well, love how he samples a 20-year-old Tupac interview to make it seem like they're chatting.

Tremendous stuff.

Critic reviews are beginning to roll in.

kobe-bryant-10.gif

Back
Top Bottom