Black Hippy crew - Kendrick, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is exciting - still reeling from how good Butterfly is. Listened to it from start to finish again today. Exhilarating.

One of the most anticipated albums in years. Can't wait.

This is the best thing for U2's credibility since...

...I'd have to go back pretty far.

It is amusing reading all the butthurt responses from the haters.

As for what the band's role is on this track, I imagine something would have leaked by now if they actually joined him in the studio. But if he asked them to record some kind of backing track to something he already rapped and just sent to them, it's certainly possible we wouldn't know.

What do I get for winning if so?

498.jpg

Definitely is going to be a new U2 song, technically. There's no reason it would be listed as "ft. U2" if it were just a sample.

I made a thread in Everything You Know Is Wrong for obvious reasons. Sure most U2 fans will hate this but probably not near the ire that Paul McCartney's old white fans gave him for working with Kanye and Rihanna.

I wonder if the election results had a big impact on the content of this album...maybe he'll get into the Clintons incarcerating so many black Americans and then losing the election, superpredators, etc.

Last edited:
I mean, sure, I've definitely seen examples of this from time to time along with the common " _____ vs. _____" which usually entails a dance remix. But I really doubt he's giving them billing if it's just an old sample.

My main reservation is that I've never seen any mention of Kendrick or his work by anyone in U2, or vice-versa. Unless I missed something.

Just seems odd for an actual collaboration to have occurred without any history of admiration. This isn't like Danger Mouse bringing in Lykke Li for background vocals. It's the hottest artist in hip hop (or music in general) and the biggest band in the world (after AC/DC, of course).

The song is produced by Mike Will Made It who has produced a bunch of Miley Cyrus songs.

This is fucking awesome.

My main reservation is that I've never seen any mention of Kendrick or his work by anyone in U2, or vice-versa. Unless I missed something.

Just seems odd for an actual collaboration to have occurred without any history of admiration. This isn't like Danger Mouse bringing in Lykke Li for background vocals. It's the hottest artist in hip hop (or music in general) and the biggest band in the world (after AC/DC, of course).

I'm pretty sure the band have mentioned him on several occasions.

In any case, two days til we find out!

Edge himself said that Kendrick is the "new innovator in current music scene" or something like that during the interview he did around the time of iHeartRadio award thing.

That was great. How can you not love Kendrick.

Thanks for sharing BoMac

It feels weird there's a new Kendrick album coming out tomorrow. I can't quite believe it's here so soon.

Back
Top Bottom