Black Hippy crew - Kendrick, ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Word is that the album got delayed because of sample clearance issues, which is fucking bush league nonsense if true.

Maybe U2 wanted to work on the album some more if their music was being attached to it.

i predict that the sample is from HMTMKMKM. lots of different parts from that song could fit a dark kendrick beat really nicely.

What if the sample is from a song that not only fits a Kendrick beat but the overall theme of the album, particularly if it's about the current political climate as Lamar has suggested in the past?

In an interview with The New York Times' T Magazine last month, Lamar suggested that his forthcoming work would expound on the gulf between God and geopolitics. That explains the religious overtones in the visual for "HUMBLE.," where Lamar is seen dressed as the pope in the opening scene and, later, portraying a modern-day Jesus in the hood while reenacting Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper with his homies.
I think there's a few U2 songs that fit the bill.

It'll be something left field like a sample from an unreleased remix of Playboy Mansion.

Speaking of samples, I had always assumed Kendrick sampled Pyramid Song on How Much a Dollar Cost, because that's all I hear when I listen to it. But apparently not, and Radiohead isn't credited, but the piano still sounds so much like Pyramid Song to me.

I wouldn't be too surprised if U2 actually co wrote and contribute Kendrick album; I've seen Edge praising Kendrick as "innovator of today's music."

Also, I'm somehow hoping Flying Lotus working with U2 in future

Speaking of samples, I had always assumed Kendrick sampled Pyramid Song on How Much a Dollar Cost, because that's all I hear when I listen to it. But apparently not, and Radiohead isn't credited, but the piano still sounds so much like Pyramid Song to me.

Yeah, it's actually an original composition, amazing. My #1 Kendrick song.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

17880486_10155258153103092_733999671061204739_o.jpg

17880617_10155258153598092_5298515095289341273_o.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOO BOOYYYY

Or it could be a Kanye/Jay Z Otis situation where the sample is so significant that it demands a feature credit. We'll see.

I love the album title btw.

That's literally what I was thinking too. Although I think on Watch the Throne it was just to show off. I mean Gold Digger doesn't have "ft. Ray Charles". So we can hope!

Back
Top Bottom