Bitch moan bitch moan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned two things from this thread:

1. We cannot have a mature meaningful conversation about Avril Lavigne. I can't say I find this surprising...

2. Zoots has some sort of large stick up his ass and no longer has a sense of humor. I do find this surprising and sad...

I have received some PMs from people agreeing with me. So do they have sticks up their asses too?

Be that as it may, you can't control people's behaviours on an online message board any more than you can in the real world, so why get all bent out of shape about it?

People will do and say what they want, especially online which affords them anonymity. Instead of being so bitter about it, why don't you try to be positive and do what you can to make this place as good as you think it was pre-2007.

I'm tempted to just split off all the bullshit out of this thread. And FYI, once you start bagging on the mods, you will get 0 support and/or sympathy. Take it somewhere else. The thread needs to get back on topic.

Be that as it may, you can't control people's behaviours on an online message board any more than you can in the real world, so why get all bent out of shape about it?

People will do and say what they want, especially online which affords them anonymity. Instead of being so bitter about it, why don't you try to be positive and do what you can to make this place as good as you think it was pre-2007.

Are you for real? What a load of self righteous bullshit you keep posting! You think I should try to be positive and stop myself from getting annoyed by all the spamming that this clique does and just brush it under the carpet, is it? LOL.

I cannot do anything to make this place as good as it was. People as a community need to do it! As you yourself implied, I cannot control what somebody else posts. But one would hope that the offending parties get a clue from more people complaining about the off topic spamming/inside jokes and bullying of unpopular opinions. But it seems that only I am complaining in public and other people are sharing their opinions in private. Maybe that is why it looks as though I am the only one with a problem.

Unbelievable that I have to actually explain myself to this extent!

Are you for real? What a load of self righteous bullshit you keep posting! You think I should try to be positive and stop myself from getting annoyed by all the spamming that this clique does and just brush it under the carpet, is it? LOL.

Am I for real? Yes.

At a certain point you have to realize this is the Internet. People come here for different reasons, and they use this place as an outlet for different reasons. Some people don't care what they post, as it's an "escape" from the real world. Some people come for serious discussions and interact with fellow fans.

If you're letting words on a screen bother you so much, I don't know what to tell you. To me, this is all it is: words on a computer screen, nothing more, nothing less.

Back on topic:

On one hand she can be hard on the ears:

YouTube - Avril Lavigne Knockin' On Heavens Door live at Roxy

On the other hand she isn't too bad on the eyes:

avril_lavigne.jpg

Zoots is my internet husband, and I will not stand for this abuse. :madwife:

In all seriousness, these same antics/people are the reason why I avoid Zoo Station and B&C in general. It's no longer just the shuttlecock/random thread that they take the best "jokes" they can muster and spread them around like an STD. The sad part is that some of these people used to be cool, but then the Borg collective got involved and now they are basically the same person posting the same old shit. It gets tiring. And yes, I get linked to it on occasion (hey, from Zoots!) and am reminded why I don't come in here anymore. I'm okay with missing out on these forums, but maybe Zoots isn't?
I'd love to participate in Desert Island again, but will not on principle.
I talked for a few posts on creating an "Oscar movie season" thread with some of these same people (who were actually not being douchey at the time) but decided against it because within 5 posts, it would become another circlejerk Random I Fucked Lance's Mom in the Brownie Movie Discussion thread, and that's the last thing this forum needs.

Oh yeah, Avril Lavigne's "Complicated" reminds me of senior year, so I can't hate it.

Edit: Oh, this thread moved on. That's what I get for starting a reply 10 minutes ago and not finishing it until now.

Carry on my wayward sons.

I lol'd for like 10 minutes when 1) I saw the thread title 2) noticed the original post was moved the hell away from this mess.

FYI, once you start bagging on the mods, you will get 0 support and/or sympathy. Take it somewhere else.

FYI, you're a pathetic excuse for a mod. There has got to be more to moderating than simply splitting threads, locking them when they get out of control or sucking up to an obnoxious clique just because you're afraid of becoming unpopular with the kids! Even one of your fellow mods gets it and has said to me that she completely agrees with me but YOU just don't seem to get it. And on top of that, people heap praises on you for the difficult job you are doing! What exactly are you doing that is difficult? From what I've seen, you avoid confrontation at all costs. You don't care if you're supporting the right people or the wrong people as long as the majority is pleased with your work. How you cannot see the constant spamming by this clique is beyond me, honestly. Go ahead, keep enjoying the power that your mod position gives you, keep complaining about what a stressful job you have (on an internet message board, LOL) and keep soaking in the praises that everyone heaps on you. Cos frankly my dear, I don't give a damn anymore about this message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom