Billy Bragg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I saw two shooting stars last night
I wished on them
But they were only satellites
It's wrong to wish on space hardware
I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.

The man has a way with words.

Just saw his performance of 'Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards' on youtube. He looked really young then!

Mermaid Avenue is one of my favorite albums. He and Wilco were the exact right artists to handle Woody Guthrie's songs with care. Ingrid Bergman is one of the prettiest songs I've ever heard.

How did I miss this?? Billy Bragg is one of the greatest men to walk this earth, a fantastic musician and one of life's gentlemen to boot.

yeah, I kinda like him! :wink:

Anybody know where I can find When the Roses Bloom? Itunes doesn't have it.

so apparently not only prime-o members can use the search function. i just learned this. bear with me, it's my first day on the internet.

time to revive this. mr. bragg played two shows in somerville, MA a couple weeks ago. i'm sort of kicking myself for not going to both of them.

some website says this was the wednesday setlist. every time i go to a show where there are seats i wonder why i didn't bring paper and pen to write it down myself.

1) Milkman of Human Kindness
2) A Lover Sings
3) Farm Boy
4) Upfield
5) She Came Along to Me
6) I Ain't Got no Home in this World
7) NPWA
8) M for Me
9) Sexuality
10) Save the Country
11) O Freedom
12) Tank Park Salute
13) Brickbat
14) Old Clash Fan Fight Song
15) I Keep Faith
16) Power in a Union
17) Help Save the Youth of America
18) Levi Stubbs' Tears
19) Sing Their Souls Back Home
20) A New England

i'm not exactly sure what happened, a couple seconds into the song at the show, milkman became one of my favorite songs.

i didn't quite get it back when yertle started this thread, but billy bragg is just about as awesome as it gets.

:bow:

Better album to start with: Brewing Up With Billy Bragg or Talking With The Taxman About Poetry?

That tour came through here a few weeks ago, but unfortunately I had a friend visiting from out of town and couldn't make it. I'd really wanted to go, too.

bear with me

Iluvbears.jpg

:up: haha, nice picture.

(re: anu's link). i'm glad there was no billy bragg/watson twins collaborative song in somerville. they were incredibly boring. ooh, 2 dollar pbr all night :drool:

Lm's posts in random music made me think this should get bumped. Old-ass thread that it is. Deserves more attention than that.

I'm not sure what I was thinking about the 2 dollar pbr a couple years ago, but I'm hoping it was the price tag and not the beer itself. Bleh.

Milkman is still one of my favorite songs.

cobl04 said:
I want to put this in my sig.

Hahaha, go for it. I admit to having been a fan of cheap shitty beer when I only made 9 bucks an hour.

How did I miss this?? Billy Bragg is one of the greatest men to walk this earth, a fantastic musician and one of life's gentlemen to boot.

yeah, I kinda like him! :wink:
To reiterate...

The current political and economic situation in the UK has got him busy and riled up. This can only be a good thing for his music. He's wonderful when's he's angry :drool:

:heart: waiting for the great leap forward :heart:

well yes, the "george bush will soon be gone" line in the old clash fan fight song does sound pretty goofy now.

Back
Top Bottom