Big Boi - Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumours - Dec 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
vicious-gif.gif

This album is going to be dope. Check out this tracklist.

1. Ascending
2. The Thickets feat. Sleepy Brown
3. Apple Of My Eye
4. Objectum Sexuality feat. Phantogram
5. In The A feat. T.I. & Ludacris
6. She Hates Me feat. KiD CuDi
7. CPU feat. Phantogram
8. Thom Pettie feat. Little Dragon & Killer Mike
9. Mama Told Me feat. Kelly Rowland
10. Lines feat. A$AP Rocky & Phantogram
11. Shoes For Running feat. B.o.B. & Wavves
12. Raspberries feat. Mouche & Scar
13. Tremendous Damage feat. Bosko
14. Descending feat. Little Dragon

Deluxe
15. Higher Res feat. Jai Paul & Little Dragon
16. Gossip feat. UGK & Big K.R.I.T.
17. She Said OK Big Boi & Theophilus London feat. Tre Luce

Big Boi Ft. A$AP Rocky & Phantogram - Lines [CDQ] - YouTube

Big Boi - Mama Told Me ft. Kelly Rowland [HQ] - YouTube

A track-by-track review from a listening party if you're so inclined - Album Preview: Big Boi's "Vicious Lies & Dangerous Rumors"

#weoutchea

I liked his last album quite a bit, hopefully this one is of a similar high quality.

I think it will be. I haven't listened to Sir Lucious Left Foot in probably more than a year but I did really like it. I don't think it's gonna be an MBDTF or good kid, m.A.A.d city, but it'll be great.

So this will actually see the light of day this year? That collabo with Luda and T.I. sounds pretty cool, assuming the year is 2004. (I kid, I'm looking forward to hearing this)

Fingers crossed. Only one delay (was meant to be out Nov 13 but he recorded more tunes with Yukimi from Little Dragon).

Shame about the lack of 3 Stacks though.

Man, there's some great quotes in there.

"Just really having fun, man, like a van full of Pakistans"
"It was like funk summer camp"
"She could've been on a couple songs from this album, singing, playing, co-producing, whatever she wanted to do, I don't give a fuck"
"I've sold 50 million records already. I'm diamond. The Super Bowl ring hand is full"
"They say he's trying to clean up a mess, right? Well, he needs a big-ass broom, and he gotta keep on sweeping"
"Elite street shitis what I like to call it. I was about to call this album The Nigga Thrilla, because that shit is shocking"

I have to imagine that if Andre ever got on board (that's all it would take for a new 'Kast album) it would be pretty fucking dope.

Another new song, in which Big Boi samples.... Big Boi Big Boi Ft T.I. & Ludacris - In The A - YouTube

Great verse from Big Boi but otherwise it's a bit ordinary. That style of beat, I don't really know how to describe it, but it just feels so thin and artificial. It's become so popular over the past five years or so, particularly in the south, thanks to Waka Fucka etc.

It isn't very good. Lots of pop hooks and sugary electronic beats...not at all what I want from Big Boi at this point in his career. The guest spots are pretty fun, but they aren't good enough to stand up on multiple listens I don't think. It isn't bad, but I doubt you or anyone else will be comparing it favorably to MBDTF like you did with Sir Lucious.

Yeah... I don't know how I feel. Definitely not blown away, but I sure as hell won't say "isn't very good".

In parts it feels like the solo album Andre might put out right now, some parts it feels like a compilation album of indie songs with guest verses from Big Boi. It's certainly not what I was expecting. Where are the big hip-hop beats? Where's the hard verses? There are parts of the album where Big Boi goes missing for minutes at a time. Take a track like Descending - fucking gorgeous, great way to end an album, but Big Boi's barely recognisable. You can't say it doesn't fit on the album but it doesn't seem to fit in with Big Boi. It's like an uncovered track from The Love Below.

I'll still be buying it in two days time and giving it more spins before I officially make up my mind. Lines remains my favourite track so far, with Descending and She Said OK two others I love.

"Elite street shitis what I like to call it. I was about to call this album The Nigga Thrilla, because that shit is shocking"

Elite Street Shit and The Nigga Thrilla are both about a 1,000,000 times better than the title he chose. Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors sounds like a fucking Lindsay Lohan album title. Terrible.

Back
Top Bottom