Best Of 2000s - Desert Island Spinoff Tournament IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
By popular demand, it's time for another DI mini-tournament. With the decade coming to a close, it was suggested by AtomicBono that we have a "Best Of 2000s" competition. We are going to try something new this time, and if successful, it could be incorporated into regular DI tournaments. Here's what we'll do:

Players will create a playlist of no more than 80 minutes in length comprising their favorite songs of the decade. Any song with an original release date between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2009 is eligible. This does not include re-releases of songs previously available before this decade, only new recordings. As always with the mini-tournaments, songs used in prior DIs are allowed. Only one song per artist, however.

All playlists will be due to me by October 7, and shortly after, the Master List thread will be created. Submissions can be sent via PM.

Everyone will have an as-yet undetermined time frame to listen to each playlist, and by a specific date, will need to provide me with a ranking of all the playlists (specific dates will be in the Master List thread). I will calculate the totals and post them in the Results thread, along with each player's individual ranking.

Cover art and details for your playlist are optional. In lieu of a running diary thread, players can leave comments within the Master List thread if they so desire. It is also encouraged to include a commentary of your thoughts when submitting your playlist ranking.

We'll go with 16 spots for now and see what the turnout is. It sounds like we may have over half of that total already, but let's do a roll call to be certain.

1. phanan
2. AtomicBono
3. LM
4. LMP
5. oneblood
6. Mr. V
7. Axver
8. bono_212
9. Irishteen
10. The Sad Punk
11. phillyfan26

Throw me in there for now. This weekend might end up being a good time for me to do this.

Space Moon didn't bomb. Its orbit just got so ridiculously crazy from all the rocking the fuck out that we don't know its whereabouts right now. Someone call the Hubble crew.

Space Moon didn't bomb. Its orbit just got so ridiculously crazy from all the rocking the fuck out that we don't know its whereabouts right now. Someone call the Hubble crew.

But we hadn't even started to rock the fuck out yet! ;)

To be fair, we never really stopped from the last go-around.

I'm on Space Moon right now. Where am I? Who knows. I continue to rock the fuck out. Perpetually.

Space Moon.

Already have a list done. I'll be stunned if at least half of my artists aren't the same as Impy's.

My cover?

bestof00sfront.jpg

I would think about this, but I worry that my lists would look too much like many other posters.....and I'd hate to pick songs I did not like as much as others simply to avoid duplication.

Also, I'm shy.

I would think about this, but I worry that my lists would look too much like many other posters.....and I'd hate to pick songs I did not like as much as others simply to avoid duplication.

Also, I'm shy.

Ordinarily, I subscribe to that line of thinking myself. But hey, this the BEST of a decade. Just be honest and pick all your faves.

Already have a list done. I'll be stunned if at least half of my artists aren't the same as Impy's.

If indeed I stick around and do this, I'm not going a very conservative (by my standards) route. So you're probably fine there.

Also, I'm shy.

Just Space Moon it, bro.

thanks for including me on the list already. ha. I already have mine started. problem is it's over two hours... it's gonna be tough to narrow down. also, I kind of want to try not to repeat too much from previous DI's (since my lists are always 00's heavy and I've therefore used a lot of my favourite songs of the decade already).

this will be fun!! :)

I was kind of hoping this would be a full length DI. My draft list is already over 2 hours. This is going to be fun to cut down. Why do so many of the best songs of the 2000s have to be so long?

Let's do this thing.

I have a list together, but let's see if I don't end up completely and utterly changing it.

Back
Top Bottom