Best Of 2000s - Desert Island Spinoff Tournament IV - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:01 PM
GAF's playlist is probably the biggest moment of love and hate at first sight I've ever had

But on second sight the track selections are actually pretty good, could make an interesting listen

Except The Loving Kind > Biology

Old 10-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #107
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:01 PM
Dilemma. I've just recently discovered this completely amazing song. It's gorgeous and people here would probably like it, but it's 7 minutes long ... gonna have to decide if it's worth getting rid of other songs for. Also having trouble deciding which Porcupine Tree song to use

GAF, I look forward to your list, as it'll definitely be something different for me. I very rarely listen to female vocalists.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #108
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:01 PM
This is hard

My dilemma is this. I'm a bit bipolar when it comes to music. I think my favourite music is sad bastard music that you sit and listen to with the lights off in the winter time. But there are so many upbeat songs from this decade that I also love. Do I make a sad bastard mix? A happy go lucky mix? Do I go the Pop route and start off with a party then get ugly? I'm sure I could make a full playlist that you can cut yourself to, but I think it should be more balanced...what to do, what to do
Old 10-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life

oh, I have a questions. Theres a certain song that I dont like the studio version of, but LOVE the live version. They are quite different. Do live versions count?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #110
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
oh, I have a questions. Theres a certain song that I dont like the studio version of, but LOVE the live version. They are quite different. Do live versions count?
I sure hope so, since I used one in mine too.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #111
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

usually the rule regarding live tracks is if it's commercially available that's okay. anything without an official release of some sort isn't allowed, though.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #112
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:01 PM
I should have participated.

GAF, part of your list makes me happy, part makes me sick. To me, that's a job well done.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
usually the rule regarding live tracks is if it's commercially available that's okay. anything without an official release of some sort isn't allowed, though.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #114
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
Cool, that's kind of what I figured and made sure to use one from a commercial release.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #115
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
This is hard

My dilemma is this. I'm a bit bipolar when it comes to music. I think my favourite music is sad bastard music that you sit and listen to with the lights off in the winter time. But there are so many upbeat songs from this decade that I also love. Do I make a sad bastard mix? A happy go lucky mix? Do I go the Pop route and start off with a party then get ugly? I'm sure I could make a full playlist that you can cut yourself to, but I think it should be more balanced...what to do, what to do
Pop route ftw!

I tried to have a variety in mine ... it starts off aggressive and moves to more atmospheric and pretty stuff, then gets a little more upbeat again, then kind of sad and gorgeous at the end. I think it works, actually, though i'll probably give it at least one more listen before submitting.

but yeah, it's up to you, but I think you should try to represent your entire spectrum of taste as opposed to focusing on one mood. It's the best of the decade after all.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicBono View Post
Pop route ftw!

I tried to have a variety in mine ... it starts off aggressive and moves to more atmospheric and pretty stuff, then gets a little more upbeat again, then kind of sad and gorgeous at the end. I think it works, actually, though i'll probably give it at least one more listen before submitting.

but yeah, it's up to you, but I think you should try to represent your entire spectrum of taste as opposed to focusing on one mood. It's the best of the decade after all.
This was sort of my philosophy as well; I tried to have a good mix of moods and my tastes. Well, as much as I could fit into 80 minutes.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #117
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I tried to gauge what everybody else would like, regardless of my own taste, for the sake of winning an online music competition. This shit does get real.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life

Culling some of these songs is very painful
Old 10-02-2009, 09:25 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
I tried to gauge what everybody else would like, regardless of my own taste, for the sake of winning an online music competition. This shit does get real.
Because after all, the internet is serious business.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Oh yeah. I'm doing everything I can to get into a good grad school ... I think winning a playlist competition on a U2 fansite would really set my application apart. That's why I just picked songs that were on Interference's top album list or whatever.

Tags
desert island