Best long-distance driving albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be fair, the only stop we made in Oklahoma was so my ex could take a picture next to the "welcome to Oklahoma" sign.

And it looked pretty much the same as Texas did.

I will, however, say that once we were past the gajillion cows and such, there was something very nice and beautiful in its own weird way about the endless stretches of flat land.

The fact that you prefer any part of Oklahoma to the shittiest part of Texas makes me sad.

Oklahoma_Sooners_ou1_small.jpg

Ha.

I've grown a little bored of my constant ipod-on-shuffle music experience and have been listening to more albums all the way through. It's a nice change. We'll see what I come up with to listen to on my next long(ish) drive.

I swear, you guys rip on me thirteen or fourteen more times, I'm outta here.

Here comes Laz with a disparaging Leslie Feist remark.

I moved on to Annie anyway.

Oh, and, besides JT and New Adventures in Hi Fi, I really like Blind by the Sundays for driving long distances. Gala by Lush, too, though I'm likely alone with these.

I like the Sundays but not usually an entire album of theirs on its own. And I was just thinking the other day that I should pick up a used copy of Gala.

Superblast and For Love = :up:

I like the Sundays but not usually an entire album of theirs on its own. And I was just thinking the other day that I should pick up a used copy of Gala.

Superblast and For Love = :up:

I only listen to the Sundays for a whole album, interestingly enough.

Lush can be hit and miss for me, but the hits are really great. IMO

Also, nothing makes the miles pass like Here Come the Warm Jets, or Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy. ENO

You knew that was coming, right?

I could seriously mess with that quote, but I won't.

Appreciate it.

The majority of my driving is of the Austin-to-DFW variety, about enough time to sneak in three or more albums. I like driving at night more, so the best memories I've had of driving albums fall into that category. Recently, I found Veckatimest to be great for it. Person Pitch as well.

I can't listen to Pink Moon on night drives because of the whole Volkswagen thing. I don't particularly enjoy looking like I'm in a commercial.

Appreciate it.

The majority of my driving is of the Austin-to-DFW variety, about enough time to sneak in three or more albums. I like driving at night more, so the best memories I've had of driving albums fall into that category. Recently, I found Veckatimest to be great for it. Person Pitch as well.

I can't listen to Pink Moon on night drives because of the whole Volkswagen thing.

I am a huge fan of driving at night as well. And, I'd never be able to explain this to anyone, but, I truly feel that there are day driving albums, and night driving albums, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom