Best long-distance driving albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, you have more responsible friends than I do. And most of them are 25 or younger.

Luckily, we tend to stick around the neighborhood and are usually only a few minutes away. No way in hell I'd actually get on the freeway if I or another driver was inebriated.

Just be careful man, that's all I'm saying.

That sounds awesome. I can imagine quite a light show during "Evacuate."

On the drunk driving front, no one necessarily condones it, but Laz has a point. Sometimes it just happens.

It should be taken on a case to case basis, as a .08 BAC doesn't necessarily affect everyone the same way.

That sounds awesome. I can imagine quite a light show during "Evacuate."

On the drunk driving front, no one necessarily condones it, but Laz has a point. Sometimes it just happens.

For people with means, it's always avoidable. He's not living on or near a college campus.

For people with means, it's always avoidable. He's not living on or near a college campus.

Of course it's avoidable. But I absolutely hate taxis. I will NOT take them (save for one instance in New York City last year, and I was with people who insisted). Biggest waste of money I can think of. I've taken an hour to walk home in the middle of the night to avoid them.

The other thing is that I rarely drink to the point where I'm fucked up anymore. I have a couple drinks and just coast. If I'm at a party that's another story, but it's usually a house I've walked to.

Of course it's avoidable. But I absolutely hate taxis. I will NOT take them (save for one instance in New York City last year, and I was with people who insisted). Biggest waste of money I can think of. I've taken an hour to walk home in the middle of the night to avoid them.

The other thing is that I rarely drink to the point where I'm fucked up anymore. I have a couple drinks and just coast. If I'm at a party that's another story, but it's usually a house I've walked to.

I hear you.

I'm gonna drop it, just, like I said, a sore subject with me.

Oh hell, it's always avoidable for everyone. No one has to drink. Those who drive drunk/impaired choose to do so. Always.

One of my fondest musical travel memories was coming back from my first ever business trip. Was so nervous before it, and it went really well, and on the flight back I could just relax and all.....had my CD player and was listening to the Joshua Tree for the first time in a long time, and we were flying at night, over a Thunderstorm....and the clouds would all light up from time to time, and it was one of the most awesome but lovely things I've ever seen...all while listening to my favorite album.

the joshua tree is an amazing flying album. i played it when i flew from phoenix to memphis earlier this year. i still haven't found what i'm looking for came on just as we flew past a city with lights that looked crucifix shaped. it's lucky i don't believe in signs or anything like that or i'd have been hunting for a parachute.

the joshua tree is an amazing flying album. i played it when i flew from phoenix to memphis earlier this year. i still haven't found what i'm looking for came on just as we flew past a city with lights that looked crucifix shaped. it's lucky i don't believe in signs or anything like that or i'd have been hunting for a parachute.

I was reading an article about the world's best airports today and thought of you. Some of those airports are awesome. DFW was the best from the States, it was #13 in the world or maybe a tad lower.

I flew through DFW last year and was totally unimpressed on the way to San Antonio, but then on the way back I realized I'd been in another terminal or something on the trip there, because on the trip back I was in the main terminal, and it was pretty great, as far as airports go.

DFW has five terminals. And they're all separate. When I still lived there, I was a bellman/driver at a hotel with the main driving duty of taking guests to and from the airport. Obviously, I got pretty well acquainted with the thing. It's a damn fine aeropuerto.

If you were less than impressed with DFW, you must have wanted to kill yourself in San Antonio. No reason to go there other than watching the Mavs kick the shit out of the Spurs.

I was reading an article about the world's best airports today and thought of you. Some of those airports are awesome. DFW was the best from the States, it was #13 in the world or maybe a tad lower.
i don't know whether to feel pride or shame. solely from an architectural and operational standpoint, there are some brilliant airports around.

O'Hare is such a shithouse. Most American airports are shithouses, but at least some have attempted to upgrade lately. These airports were mostly in Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, etc.....Zurich was in there, so was Auckland....they had movie theaters and museums and, just, shit to do. And most had one terminal, which is key.

Oh hell, it's always avoidable for everyone. No one has to drink. Those who drive drunk/impaired choose to do so. Always.

this, and exactly this.

"No one has to drink"? Well, yeah.

I don't anyone who whines about driving like they're forced into it. Just the nature of living out here that almost everyone I know has had to come to terms with one way or another. Some are better about it, some are worse. But I know very few people who NEVER drive while intoxicated.

There's a difference between intoxicated and legally intoxicated. Have I drove after drinking? Yeah. I've done it while drinking. But I don't think I've ever been a threat to myself or anyone else.

O'Hare is such a shithouse. Most American airports are shithouses, but at least some have attempted to upgrade lately. These airports were mostly in Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, etc.....Zurich was in there, so was Auckland.

maybe because i use it all the time, but i'm never overly impressed by auckland. they clearly didn't use the new terminal extension (a 15 minute walk from ANYTHING) or the domestic terminal (have to transfer to a domestic flight? it's a 15 minute walk in the rain that way). plus it's always, always under construction.

If you were less than impressed with DFW, you must have wanted to kill yourself in San Antonio.

A little bit, yeah. But only because I was trying to find my aunt and it took us a good 10 minutes of confused phone calls to realize that there were two terminals. "Meet you by the baggage claim? i AM at the baggage claim!"

I was there for a cousin's wedding. It was hot. And my first real exposure to Texas.

(I don't count the "holy shit, drive us as fast as you can out of this stinky, ugly shithole covered in cows as far as the eye can see" road trip north through west Texas as a real visit to Texas.)

Yeah, but the STDs alone still make you a pretty dangerous individual.

You don't just pay your $4 for Lance's Mom once. You pay the rest of your life.

A little bit, yeah. But only because I was trying to find my aunt and it took us a good 10 minutes of confused phone calls to realize that there were two terminals. "Meet you by the baggage claim? i AM at the baggage claim!"

I was there for a cousin's wedding. It was hot. And my first real exposure to Texas.

(I don't count the "holy shit, drive us as fast as you can out of this stinky, ugly shithole covered in cows as far as the eye can see" road trip north through west Texas as a real visit to Texas.)

(Insert Texas exposure joke here)

But seriously, talk shit about West Texas as much as you want. It's shitty.

That's all I've done there too, at 3 AM during that crazy trip in May. My famous ex is from there. Explains a lot, no?

We left Ruidoso, NM in the morning, drove west with a stop in Roswell for alien-themed jocularity, hit Texas and pretty much had the pedal to the metal until we were safely over the border of the Oklahoma panhandle.

Then we stayed the night in Liberal, Kansas.

It was kind of a weird trip.

/utterly fascinating story about road trips with ex-boyfriends

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom