Best long-distance driving albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm bumping this because I'll be spending a week in the Maritimes prior to the Moncton show driving up and down the coast.

Looking forward to it, and good music would make the trip that much better.

Looking forward to it, and good music would make the trip that much better.

:up:

I'm looking forward to cranking some tunes from Boston to Moncton and back again.

Just in case the rental car won't have an iPod hole (it probably won't), I'll bring some CDs and will probably spend hours figuring out what I'll want to listen to. :lol:

easy...

Miles%20Davis%20-%20Bitches%20Brew%2040th%20-%20COVER-thumb-400x400-19419.jpg

Frank Zappa
anything really
personal driving favourite:
The Best Band You Never Heard in Your Life

Do you know - when we drove from Vancouver to Banff, I think we took the "direct route" as opposed to the "scenic route" and the direct route was fucking stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, amazing. Mountains and snow and the greenest grass I've ever seen and animals and flowers and all sorts of shit.

Can't imagine what the scenic route must have been like.

I listened to Teen Dream on that drive, and I cannot think of a more perfect soundtrack.

Banff is near the top of my "places to road trip to in US/Canada" list.

Maybe next year - Glacier National Park and then up to Banff. Or vice versa.

My US geography is mostly fine and accurate, but the NE really messes me up. All those little states ... where do they fit in????

:wink:

Lake Louise was damn cold, and it was the middle of winter. :crack:

Seeing snow for the first time ever on Grouse Mountain was a bit of a let down. It's not soft and slushy at all.

Rattle and Hum is the best roadtrip album there is if you're with another U2 fan. So much fun; the absurdities of the record actually become a strong point in that context.

Fleet Foxes' debut if you're by yourself. Such a reflective, evocative record that works especially well if you're driving through the mountains.

Fleet Foxes' debut if you're by yourself. Such a reflective, evocative record that works especially well if you're driving through the mountains.

Great call. I was driving through West Virginia in late May with that album playing. It was a gorgeous day and the landscape was such a vibrant green.

I may have mentioned this a thousand times already, but The Joshua Tree by U2 is one hell of an excellent driving album, especially on one of my new favorite roads: NM 104 from Tucumcari to Las Vegas.

:happy:

Steve must be on his bike then? Cos that's bikers' heaven right there.

I almost jumped on the back of a powder blue Harley in Nashville with an old friend but I hadn't seen him in so long I wasn't sure how reliable he was. Plus, I figure I already had the best. :wink:

And based on how many beers he had at dinner, I think forcing him into my rental car instead was the right decision.

Back
Top Bottom