Best Live Band On The Planet Right Now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Besides U2....

Muse most likely. Phoenix blew me away as well. The Killers put on a great show too, but as hard as they try, i don't think they're quite in the same league as U2 or Muse.

Besides U2:

Oasis, R.E.M., Radiohead, Aerosmith and there's several great others. But you're only asking the best one. So, U2 it is.

I've been V fortunate to have been at some really great gigs and
I think I could narrow it down to 2 (imo)

U2 and Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band!

and after been lucky enough to see both bands twice this month!

I gotta give the nod to BRUUUUCE!

I cant believe they haven't been mentioned in this thread yet!!!

For pure excitement, Energy,Passion,Charisma, and Musicians at the top of there craft! and most of all perfected Rock N Roll!!!!

For a Springsteen show ye never know what your gonna get its different EVERYTIME! it seems the band can play there entire back catalog including obscure b-sides and even songs that got left off albums!! hell it seem they can play anything!! taking multiple requests night after night and nailing them all 99% of the time, and well when they make a mistake its barely noticeable!

I gotta give credit to the energy of the band too, esp Bruce, who is gonna be 60 in September this year! he still spends as much time in the audience as he does center stage! he covers every inch of the stage night after night, enrapturing crowds seamlessly effortlessly! Bruce and the guys get every kind of audience from ages 5 to 80, I've seen all types there always with beaming smiles ear to ear, you cannot help but, the band are that good! Playing about 30 songs a night, mixing up the set list every gig!, epic 3 hour shows!

I'm sure they have alotta fans in here, but to people who are not that aware of them, you should really see them live, I guarantee everyone who goes would have a great time! there is no way not too! They don't call him THE BOSS for nothing!

Putting all the gaudy spectacle aside from the stadium-sized acts like U2, I'd have to say Wilco, followed by Mute Math and the Walkmen. These bands routinely create transcendent experiences.

God didn't answer you? THERE IS NO GOD!

2567213771_d1c4b307ea_o.jpg

U2
Bruce
PJ
R.E.M.

No one can touch those.

Smaller awesome bands: Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Doves, Bloc Party, Wilco, The National

and R.I.P. The Police, your final tour was amazing.

It would have to be Coldplay, based solely on the amount of time Chris Martin bounces during a show.

He bounces around like an idiot because he's so uncomfortable because he has no showmanship, he wants to be Bono but he's so awkward that that's what he does. Take a chill pill guy, you'd sing better that way.

Coldplay are pretty good live...I wouldn't call them one of the best though. Visually not a very exciting show, but I guess I'm spoiled by spectacles like U2 and Muse :wink:

other than U2 and Muse, Rage Against the Machine for pure intensity, and Radiohead know what's up. Three of the best shows I've seen were at Lolla, whoa. Sad to be missing it this year :sad:

Back
Top Bottom