Best Albums of 2011 - The Lists Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't get to listen to nearly as many albums as I wanted this year, and it's still hard to pick only 10. I bought El Camino on vinyl and haven't been able to give it a spin yet. At any rate, here's my top 10 of what I was able to get around to this year.

1. Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
2. Destroyer - Kaputt
3. PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
4. Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
5. Cults - Cults
6. Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See
7. The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
8. Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
9. Panda Bear - Tomboy
10. Yuck - Yuck

I've heard 21 of those. Hey, I'm always welcome to suggestions, so I'm glad lists like this exist. Wish there were more like it.

Wait, I thought rehashing critical consensus made these lists pointless. Introducing people to new music makes them equally pointless?

Guess Pitchfork went the obvious route. Granted, there was enough of a gap between Bon Iver and scores given out this year for any other record that it makes complete sense. In total, I had heard 49 of the 50 albums on their list this year before it was released.

I've heard 30 of the 50 albums on the TinyMixTapes list. Can anybody here top that?

so i listened to the first 4 songs of that Fucked Up album. pretty neat stuff. i get a little sick of the vocals after a while. i just beg for some actual singing over the music, but i still appreciate the approach. it might just crack into my top 25.

Where's the love for Ms. Clarke? Impy, am I going to be the standard-bearer for Strange Mercy here?

u2popmofo said:
Uh, what?

Grammys? Pointless. Why make a thread for this shit?

Lists? Let's make a thread. But don't get yourself worked up over them because they're still pointless.

Leaks? Better be pointless to you or I'll point this musket down your throat.

But then there would arise the much more significant problem of all the quality Scumbo posts that would go missing. :shrug: Damn, dude.

I can't believe Pitchfork actually named "Me, Marlon Brando, Marlon Brando And I" as their #1 track of 2011.

Back
Top Bottom