Best Albums of 2011 - The Lists Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm listening to the Tune-Yards (or should I say tUnE-yArDs?) album for the first time on Spotify. Enjoying it quite a bit. I don't recall seeing many people talk about it here, is it going to show up in a high position on anyone here's list?

On a side note, this is why I never use Spotify and the other similar sites, as I'm just scared I'll find even more crap I'll end up having to buy.

I enjoyed Tune-Yards, but also thought that it was a bit inconsistent. Might be an honorable mention sort of album for me, as it is definitely unique.

So I'm listening to the Tune-Yards (or should I say tUnE-yArDs?) album for the first time on Spotify. Enjoying it quite a bit. I don't recall seeing many people talk about it here, is it going to show up in a high position on anyone here's list?

I loved the album a lot (apart from the ridiculous spelling that woman insists on).

cobl04 said:
What's the Danny Brown record like?

Tried it, don't really like it. Danny's flow bugs the hell out of me, and it's pretty much just brag rap shit supplemented with punchlines. He's definitely humorous from time to time. I like the beats OK, they're thin but effective for the most part. Party All The Time is definitely worth hearing but not at all representative of the album, which is stylistically kind of a mess. But hey, it's free, so there's no reason not to try it.

Saigon's The Greatest Story Never Told is the best hip-hop album I've heard recently. Great beats, mindblowing production, thoughtful lyricism. Black Thought and Jay-Z stop by too. Also, you will love Curren$y's Weekend At Bernie's if you haven't heard it already; thickest, haziest beats of the year with a smooth southern flow.

Conatus deserves to finally be mentioned in here, so here it is:

Conatus

before you make your lists, listen to the new Snowman album. it's really good and will probably make my list.

Well, my vote is for Coldplay's and R.E.M.s new ones. I can't remember the names off hand.lol

Well, The Weeknd's third release is pretty much a turd, so I don't think too many critics missed out by not having it out in time for their lists. Basically like all the weaker points that marred his other two albums enough to keep them out of my collection were all glued into one whole. Probably the only major December release this year?

Download it from his website, if you care. I dug the Michael Jackson opener at least.

The-Weeknd.com

Back
Top Bottom