Besides U2, Other artists you pay top $ to see

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burlington77

Acrobat
Just wondering, besides U2, what other group(s) or solo act(s) would pay any amount to see, no price limit. Could be alive or dead, together or broken up.

For me, it would be Pink Floyd. :heart:

martha said:
I've paid shitloads of money to see Springsteen. More than once.

this. although i know i haven't spent nearly as much money as martha.

same rule that applies to my buying remastered or reissued albums when i already have a copy, i guess. i stopped going to shows with tickets that cost +50 bucks a few years ago, with the exception of springsteen.

and if I'm going to do anything that includes traveling and hotel or a lot of gas for the car, it's only because there are a whole bunch of bands i like at the hypothetical show/thing.

I would RATHER see Radiohead or Sigur Ros play live (neither of which Ive seen yet) than U2 (who Ive seen twice). I would pay top $ for either of them - my 2 fav bands that I have yet to witness live in the flesh!

Other than that, The Flaming Lips! Another favorite band of mine and I hear they put on quite a show/ spectacle.

However, if a time machine comes into being I would give my left nut to go back and watch ZOO TV! :drool:

Manic Street Preachers, oh god yes.

I would RATHER see Radiohead or Sigur Ros play live (neither of which Ive seen yet) than U2 (who Ive seen twice). I would pay top $ for either of them - my 2 fav bands that I have yet to witness live in the flesh!

U2 have slid down in your rankings?

i'd be more interested in a time machine to go see specific shows certain bands played in the past.

Pissed out $108 for an Orlando Calling 1-day pass, although I can't lie. It was almost exclusively just to see The Killers.

I'd cough it up for RHCP too.

And Coldplay.

Just coughed up $168 between 2 blink-182 tickets.

Umm... thankfully The Airborne Toxic Event only costs around $20.

I'm incredibly poor, but thanks to my good ol' friends in the Florida DoE, Florida Bright Futures comes back in a check and after it's done paying for my books it pays for my concert tickets!

See, performing in school DOES pay off!

martha said:
Oooo, yes. That would be nice.

And it would be a riot to go with you.

Full band, of course.

Martha, I may not even post after the Big Boi gig, because there's a good chance I'll die of over-exertion.

I would pay top money to see these artists. Me and my Dad paid $90 per person for U2360 in Miami (first U2 show & best concert ever!) and I would definitely pay anything to see U2 again.

A) Rush
My parents saw them when they came here in 2008, I chickened out. I regret it, since I really like their music much more than I did back then.

B) The Rolling Stones
Same scenario as Rush - parents saw them when they came here, chickened out - regret it. For me, highly unlikely they'll go back on the road again.

C) Paul McCartney
Came here last year, problem was it was on a Monday, so couldn't go. Hopefully he'll be on the road in the next few years.

D) Coldplay
I wouldn't pay the highest price, but I would love to see them live. Music has grown on me over the past few years.

E) Pink Floyd / Roger Waters
We were invited to fly to Fort Lauderdale to see Roger Waters' The Wall last year, but we couldn't. Would have loved to see the show live.

F) Madonna
Yeah, I have shitty musical tastes, but it's the result of your parents being fans. :wink:

Now that I saw U2 live, I can "partially" die (they were at the top of my bucket list) but I have a strong desire of seeing the artists above as well, plus a few others.

I would pay a lot to see Madonna, as she's a "bucket list" artist for me.

Would also pay a lot to see Springsteen again (if he comes around again, would also like to see multiple shows).

But there is no artist, including U2, that I would say I don't have a price limit for.

REM.

Springsteen (never seen him, gutted now won't get to see the full E Street Band).

Bowie.

Stones, cos of their "legendary" status.

Back
Top Bottom