Bell X1 - Bloodless Coup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Not sure if there are any other fans of the band out there, but if there are, hold onto your hats people, they've got another album coming out :panic:.

bloodless-coup-for-web.jpg

It's coming out in early April of 2011.

Also here's a song from it!

Hey Anna Lena by Bell X1 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

My tone may be a bit sarcastic here, but I really am super excited, I love these guys, and I thought Blue Lights on the Runway was pretty great, a lot of fun, but a bit too long, hopefully this will be another step up.

You should definitely pick up Blue Lights on the Runway. It has a few clunkers, it really does, but overall it's a hell of a lot of fun, especially musically.

Of course.

I have to admit, I hadn't actually listened to the new song, I was busy listening to DI lists, but I'm listening to it now, and holy shit, what happened to Bell X1? They were getting a bit more synthpoppy on the last album, but this is straight up...downtempo. Didn't expect them to go in this direction, but I'm even more excited for the album than I already was.

Also thought this was some pretty cool news, based on the forum we're on and all:

Paul will be guesting with Clannad tonight in Christchurch in Dublin, on In a Lifetime

New Bell X1? Sweet. Though gotta say, though there were some great moments, Blue Lights on the Runway contained far too much Talking Heads influence.

And I say that when comparing the two songs. The first sounds like Bell X1, but with glitch pop infused into it. Now "Velcro" sounds more like Bell X1 tryng to have a breakthrough single (not that I don't like the song). So I have no clue what the whole album will sound like.

Also, I missed this, but "Hey Anna Lena" has a bit of a music video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDZQYwNZVc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

somewhere i forgot to mention i've only ever heard the album with alphabet soup on it. and that's the only song i really remember from it. however, i liked that song a hell of a lot.

I haven't heard Music in Mouth yet, and I've only heard Flock once, I wish I was better about getting more into the bands I like a lot. But, they have so many singles that I listen to over and over again. I really like these guys a lot right now. The only band I have ever seen on Conan and actually kept following afterwards, and that was about 4 years ago.

Tis out now, streaming on their Facebook page. So far, so good, but I've only heard the songs I already knew so far :lol: onto track 3!

Bah, that was a bit disappointing. But only one listen in and without headphones. I'll have to give it another go this evening, those first two songs were a lot to live up to...

I'm looking forward to it, the last album was great, each album has been a step up, How Your Heart is Wired, was one of the tunes of 2009...which now seems very long ago hmm.

I meant to bump this thread a few weeks ago, but forgot. Finally listened to the album properly, and holy shit, what a turnaround. I loved ever track, and found the album absolutely beautiful. I hope my super negative initial review didn't turn anyone off and I hope you'll give the album a shot, it really is great, their best very likely.

Back
Top Bottom